Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 questions concerning trading with IB

Hello,
    I have 2 questions about problems with trading integration with IB. I trade YM and ES futures.

1. the trading through ESig 11.2 is slow responding, sometimes freezing and even making ESig 11.2 crashing !!!
    With ESig 10.6 everything works fine normaly, but then I realized if I turn on Real Time Data from Broker in ESig 10.6 DOM than I have the same problems as with ESig 11.2 (freezing, crash etc.) So if i turn this feature of, everything is ok.

My question is, has anyone had similar problems. And can this be solved from my side? Or if not, can you please put a feature to ESig 11 to turn off and on the RealTime Data from Broker feature as in 10.6 ??

2. My second question is about a strange behavior of ESig 10.6 in the last 2 weeks ?!
    When connecting to IB the YM u1 behaves strange in the DOM !
    P/L is not shown correctly (everything is colored red) neither are the stop and limit oders shown. And the decimals / numbers of the YM are not right. (2 decimals to much - same also in the chart).
    The only way to get rid of this problem is to deinstall ESig 10.6 completely and reinstall it. Than everything is back to normal. But only until the next day. Than the problem shows up again.
    When I turn on the Real Time Data from Broker feature this problem is solved instantly (so it has to do with the Esignal data) but unfortunately now I get the problems mentioned above in point 1.
    With other contracts like ES there is no problem. Only with YM.
    I tried to delete and reinstall the broker connection and delete all symbol mapping etc. but only a complete uninstall of ESig10.6 and reinstall solve the problem for one day!!
    I have this same problem on 2 different computers (once under Windows 7 and once under Windows XP) .

What is very strange is that it is connected only to YM so far. And before 2 weeks there was no problem at all!
    Trading the YM was ok with 10.6 (when RealTime Data from Broker turned off.)

The only thing I changed lately is that I start trading the YM 1-2 hours before regular market opening. And I update TWS regularly.
    Last edited by traderted; 07-03-2011, 10:27 AM.

I found out something more about the YM problem in 10.6:

It seems that the YM u1 contract will be symbolmapped in a wrong decimal setting everytime I start Esignal (except when I had it freshly reinstalled)

The symbolmapping in the broker settings is ok and trading from the chart is working, but the trade manager messes things up.

I found a way to not reinstall every time the whole program:

I have to delete the YM symbol mapping, than I have to close every trade manager window and it is important to not have YM on any chart. Than save and exit the program.

When I now restart Esignal I can open a trade manager, which has not mapped YM already. Now I will symbol-map YM U1 from the trade manager which will be with a wrong decimal (100 instead of 1) This I will correct manually in the dialog and trading from the manager window works fine.

But when I save and close Esignal without the procedures described above, than with the next start YM will be symbol-mapped automatically wrong and trading from the manager will not work!! And there is no way to correct the mapping, because I cannot change the manager specific symbol settings. (In the main symbol mapping dialog the settings are always correct - so there is nothing to change, but the trade manager still is wrong)

If I just delete the YM symbol mapping it will still be mapped in any new trade manager window that I open. To delete, close all windows that hold the YM and than restart Esignal is the only way to get a clean trade manager that I can symbol map manually as described.

This is a very strange behavior and I would like to get an opinion of someone from support.

Comment

traderted,

I think that you can resolve the decimalization in the Symbol mapping window.

There shoud be a setting for Tick size, change that number to 1 ( see attached) and that should stop you from havnig to manually create the symbol each day.

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

Hello AveryH,

the problem is, that changing the setting is not doing anything !!

This is a very strange kind of bug!

I have to start Esignal without YM in any chart and without YM in the symbol mappings.

Than I have to map it for the first time (in the trade manager !!!!) and by default it will show 1/10. At that moment I will change it to 1 and everything is working fine until I restart Esignal without deleting YM everywhere.

If I will only change the settings in symbol mapping as you suggested nothing will change, because the settings will not affect the trade manager settings. And in the trade manager I cannot change anything after I first mapped it. Only on that first occasion.

All this problem is only with the YM !!
        ----------------------------------

However, in the moment I switched to Esig 11 and trade with NinjaTrader DOM.

I do not like this, but the trading connection between IB and Esig 11 is horrible and freezes all the time. Hopefully you will solve this problem in the next update. As I already said this problem is also with 10.6 if you use "data from broker". All you guys have to do, is to implement this choice in Vers. 11 as it is in Vers. 10.

Just for the record: I have all the same problems on 2 different computers. under Windows 7 and under Windows XP. So it has nothing to do with operating system or a single installation.

The problem seems to me lies in the interaction with IB. (I always use the latest Standalone TWS version - not beta).

Please try to fix this in a future update. I hate to use Ninja in addition.
        Especially with Esignal 11´s nice trading features.

Comment

Working...
        X