Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: "eSignal cannot start: Library C:\Jts\dbcapi.dll cannot be loaded."

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of Interactive Brokers (v4.0). I installed the latest version of the TWS plugin ("ibbridge.2127.exe"), however, when I configure IB to use eSignal as its market data feed, it says:

"eSignal cannot start: Library C:\Jts\dbcapi.dll cannot be loaded."

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I get the exact same error. The program works, but i have many problems still.

Comment

Re: Error: "eSignal cannot start: Library C:\Jts\dbcapi.dll cannot be loaded."

Originally posted by smt52
      Hi,

I'm using the latest version of Interactive Brokers (v4.0). I installed the latest version of the TWS plugin ("ibbridge.2127.exe"), however, when I configure IB to use eSignal as its market data feed, it says:

"eSignal cannot start: Library C:\Jts\dbcapi.dll cannot be loaded."

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
      Fixed the problem:

1. Uninstall the IB bridge "ibbridge.2127.exe" (its only necessary for eSignal v10.6).
      2. Uninstall eSignal v10.6.
      3. Uninstall eSignal v11 x64.
      4. Install eSignal v11 x32 (this installs the correct 32-bit version of dbcapi.dll in C:\Jts).

Now, everything will work under Windows 7 x64.

The problem is that you need the 32-bit version of the .dll for anything to work.

There is actually two ways to integrate eSignal and IB:

Type 1. Configure IB to use eSignal as its data source.
      Type 2. Configure eSignal to use IB as its data source.

The said fix is only applicable when fixing type 1 errors (i.e. configuring IB to use eSignal as its data source).

Comment

Reload eSignal 32 bit not working

The solution posted here to unload eSignal 10.6 and 11 (64 bit), and IBbridge, then install eSignal 11 (32 bit) does not solve the problem.

Any other guesses?

It is absolutely insane that this problem has existed as long as it has without eSignal fixing it.

Comment

kmcgorry,

If I remember correctly this is related to the target executable under properties. If you could PM your contact information and a good time to contact you I can have some one from Tech Support contact you to resolve the issue.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

The error is based on the executable path set for the TWS application. When you install TWS the default location for the javaw.exe file is in the C:\Windows\System32 directory. For 64Bit Windows users the default path should be C:\Window\SysWOW64.

To have TWS properly launch and use eSignal Data locate your TWS executble file, right click and select properties, in the Target field change ONLY the directory path (ie C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe to C:\Window\SysWOW64\javaw.exe). Please do not edit or delete any other portion of the directory path.
            AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks, eSignal_AveryH.

Your solution worked for me.

Comment

All solutions did not work for me, so I found another DLL here, copied it to replace the one in C:/Jts

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Interactive Data\DM"

That solved the problem for me.

Maybe a solution for somebody else as well.

Regards,

Stephan

Comment

Originally posted by tradingtreee
                  All solutions did not work for me, so I found another DLL here, copied it to replace the one in C:/Jts

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Interactive Data\DM"

That solved the problem for me.

Maybe a solution for somebody else as well.

Regards,

Stephan
                  I'm having the same issue as you - where did you download the new dll from?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by aytonmm
                    I'm having the same issue as you - where did you download the new dll from?

Thanks in advance!
                    Fixed it myself :-)

In the esignal folder there was a file called dbcapi_vc8.dll

I renamed this dbcapi.dll and put it into the Jts folder.

Worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                    X