Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Trading

Hey all

I have just created a pretty nice EFS and have backtested it with great results.

How do I go about setting it up so esignal will automatically trade for me while I am not at my computer?

Is this even possible?

Sorry for the shotgun question but I have searched and searched only to come up with no answers.

Since EFS does not provide you a way to get order statuses and order execution notices from the trades you enter through the generic broker interface, you cannot create a fully automated trading script. They have already publicly stated in these forums that the matter is under legal review.

In plain English:

No.

Comment

Now, does eSignal's charting program receive all of the order and execution statuses from all of the broker plugins they support when you execute or modify a trade through it?

Of course.

Comment

In the old days before Windows, I was capable of writing a program to read the screen display portion of memory, and search for specific strings to extract information. Anyone out there capable of searching memory for the info displayed within the Account Manager window, and writing it to a temp. file for access?

I did ask eSignal some time ago if when updating the Account Manager window, they could also write the info to a file somewhere, but got no response. The current chart trader is great, but a bit like having a Rolls Royce without the keys. It's un-usable.

Cheers

Merv Kroll

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X