Linking eSignal 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking eSignal 11

What trading platforms does eSignal 11 currently support linking with?

For example, I'm running Laser v6.5.400 on one machine and it connects to eSig v10.6 without any problems. However, on another machine, trying to connect Laser with eSig v11.2 always fails.

Is there some setting in eSignal that I need to tweak before this works (as I see eSig 11 is installed in a different directory than eSig 10)? Or is this something I need to ask of Laser's support team? Or does this feature simply not exist in eSig 11, yet?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

-Adam-
    Last edited by digitick; 09-21-2011, 05:26 AM.

The eSignal Desktop API is not yet available for the eSignal 11 series. In the meantime, you may choose to use Windows API functions to link an application with eSignal 11.3.

A sample of how to use the Windows API functions to link to the eSignal application is available from the ActiveX File Share.

For broker plug-in issues please submit your questions and issues to integrated trading support.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Here's a thought:

Both eSignal 10 and 11 use the eSignal Data Manager, right?

Can you make eSignal 10 and 11 communicate with each other via the Data Manager?

If so, I can run both eSig 10 and 11 side by side. Then, I can connect Laser to eSig 10, and when I change the ticker in Laser, it changes eSignal 10, which then can change eSignal 11's charts, too.

Comment

digitick,

I just spoke with our Product Management Team and they're confident that Laser is in the process of updating their software to work with the new Windows API to eSignal 11.

AveryH
        eSignal Support.

Comment

Working...
        X