Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11.3 comments/issues

11.3 is working great so far, just a few issues I've noticed:

1. Minimizing the main Esignal window minimizes _all_ Esignal windows, whether detached, on another monitor etc. I read somewhere that this was a bug and a fix is expected soon?

2. Using chart trading, if I submit orders manually via my broker's software (IB TWS in this case) while connected to the account in Esignal, the orders are not reflected on the chart nor in the 'account manager' logs. Other trading software I've used does have this feature so it's certainly possible. I often need to cancel and re-submit orders through TWS to put in OCA/OCO settings as a trade evolves.

3. The PnL display doesn't update with every tick but rather seems to update on a time interval. It should of course update with every tick.

Thanks.

eSignal 11.3 information

1. The minimizing bug is something that will be fixed in the upcoming service pack for 11 that we are releasing

2. As far as having the trades reflected on the chart that are made through the trading platform, this should already happen. If they are not showing up, this normally indicates a symbol mapping issue. A call to our tech support should be able to fix this for you.

3. The updates of the PnL are sent from the broker. The PnL updates whenever the broker platform sends the update. With IB this isn't on a regular interval it's normally between 30 seconds and 4 minutes. This isn't something that is controlled by the eSignal platform unfortunately, so can't really adjust it. I suggest contacting IB and mentioning this to see if there's something that can be adjusted on their end.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Re: eSignal 11.3 information

Originally posted by eostrom
      2. As far as having the trades reflected on the chart that are made through the trading platform, this should already happen. If they are not showing up, this normally indicates a symbol mapping issue. A call to our tech support should be able to fix this for you.
      I might not have been clear on this, what I mean is that transmitted but unfilled resting orders aren't displaying in Esignal, not that changes in position size or trades aren't being reflected.

Here's a screenshot of the problem: http://www.screencast.com/t/ukUrrq5O3l

The limit order at 1206.25 has been submitted through Esignal and appears there and in TWS, the other two orders (limit at 1200 and stop at 1199) were submitted through TWS but do not show up in Esignal.

OK on the other questions.

Comment

symbol mapping

Please try the following and let me know if the orders appear for you

-Double the click the green circle icon with the lightening bolt in it in the bottom right of eSignal

-When the Broker Manager comes up, click on Interactive Brokers on the left side

-Click the Dictionary & Order Defaults tab on the right

-Find ES in the list, click on it and then click remove

-Click the +Add button. Type in ES Z1 and click Try to Automap

-Make sure it finds the correct parameters for ESZ1 and then click Accept

Let me know if the orders put in through TWS start to show up after this.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

I did what you suggested, removed ES from the list, then re-added it and did automap. It found the symbol but the behavior is the same, I can enter orders fine in esignal but they don't show up if entered through TWS.

Here are the current settings: http://screencast.com/t/hptkwpSBdMx

I'm not sure if it matters but I'm using TWS build 917.8, which isn't the very latest version.

Comment

trades not showing up

That version of TWS should work fine and show the orders on our program. I missed it the first time, but from your first screenshot I can see that the orders that you are talking about are not filled. Since the communication between the two applications isn't 100% bi-directional, the orders entered from the TWS side will have to be filled/executed first before they show up on the eSignal charts. Can please check and make sure this is the case?

You may want to upgrade your version of TWS at some points as well as I believe they are on 920.X at this point. Hope this explains it.
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

Re: trades not showing up

Originally posted by eostrom
              Since the communication between the two applications isn't 100% bi-directional, the orders entered from the TWS side will have to be filled/executed first before they show up on the eSignal charts.
              OK, is this something slated to change with a future update? Ninjatrader has no problem 'detecting' unfilled orders submitted via TWS and immediately reflecting these within the software, so the API does make the info available.

IMO it's quite important that a trading frontend correctly and completely indicates, at all times, information such as current positions and current orders (filled or unfilled) within the charts, account manager window, DOM etc. to the maximum extent possible.

Thanks for the attention to this issue.

Comment

Specterx,

IMO it's quite important that a trading frontend correctly and completely indicates, at all times, information such as current positions and current orders (filled or unfilled) within the charts, account manager window, DOM etc. to the maximum extent possible.
                Changing the ClientID from 1 to 0 (zero) will allow you to see order placed in the TWS application in any of the trade windows of eSignal.

AveryH
                eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                X