eSignal chart trading w/ IB orders going to wrong exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal chart trading w/ IB orders going to wrong exchange

Just a few NYSE symbols like CMG and AOL aren't letting me trade on the charts through eSignal via Interactive Brokers.

It attempts to send in orders for CMG.tse on the tokyo stock exchange, instead of CMG on the NYSE (however the chart is correct for CMG). These orders are rejected because I do not have trading permissions on these foreign exchanges.

Hopefully this is a simple fix, thanks,

-Mike

symbol mapping

This sounds like the symbols are mapped to the wrong exchange. If you click on trade at the top of screen and then broker manager, you should be able to click on the dictionary and order defaults tab. From here you can check the symbol mapping for the symbols in question and make sure they route to the correct exchange. Hope this helps
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

You are correct, the few symbols that aren't letting me trade ARE mapped improperly.

Unfortunately I don't have the option to change any of the mappings, the fields w/ wrong info are greyed out and won't let me change them (as are all the buttons, "Try Automap", "Lookup...", "Resolve").

Any ideas?

Comment

Still having the same issue even after updates to both esignal and IB TWS...

Tried to short some Visa today, ran into the same problem.

Comment

Generally if you're unable to Edit a symbol in the Dictionary it either because the symbol already mapped to something else. When the option to delete is grayed out it mean you're hold a position on the symbol.

To quickly work through this issue I would recommend direct contact. If you could please PM your contact information and a good time to call I think we can resolve this issue quickly.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

Just wanted to follow up here for anyone reading this in the future, I did figure this problem out finally, and now I can trade anything properly.

Here's what I did: with any symbol that wasn't getting mapped correctly, what I had to do was go Trade -> Broker Manager -> (My broker) -> Dictionary & Order Defaults.

Then I found the symbol in question (easiest if you sort by name or "eSignal ID"), selected it, and click Remove. Then click Add -> Lookup -> Type in your symbol in the Underlying box, select the security type, then click Lookup and select the correct exchange from the options listed.

I was unable to Edit the mappings, but I am able to first remove then add the proper mapping for any symbol.

Not exactly sure what created this problem to begin with, my guess is an update to either Interactive Brokers or eSignal, I believe after one of those is when the problem first showed up.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

AveryH
              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
              X