Orders and positions on unlinked charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orders and positions on unlinked charts

In 11.5 I see my orders and positions in a security only in charts linked to each other and my watchlist and market depth panes whereas in 10 any chart of that security shows the orders and positions, linked or not. How can I get that behavior back? I've enabled show orders and positions on all my charts. Thanks.

eSignal's porting process from 10.6 to 11.5 breaks the charts somehow, you have to throw them away and make new ones.
    Last edited by dr1990; 10-29-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I think the issue here is the symbol mapping. Check the broker manager and make sure none of your symbols in the IB dictionary are highlighted in Orange or Red. This would mean the symbols are not correctly mapped between eSignal and the broker.

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

It really seemed the charts were broken, I'd already confirmed mapping and was taking trades, they just weren't appearing on the chart. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

dr1990,

The other possible cause is the Broker setting in the chart may not be reflecting your broker (see attached). If the connection is set to DEMO that would be the cause reason.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PFG2.png
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	242818

Here is more information on how to set up the Default Broker Connection.

Setting a Default Trading Partner
          eSignal 11.4 allows user to connect to multiple brokers and set a default broker for each of the instrument type and at that same time. To set the Default Broker click on the Blue eS (top left corner of eSignal program), then click on Applications Properties. In the Application Properties Window select "Trading Default Connection" on the left. Under Trade Default Connection select the instrument type and using the dropdown menu select a broker. Repeat the proces for each of the instruments type you'll be trading.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DefSetes114.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	242817
          Last edited by eSignal_AveryH; 11-15-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X