MMS stop strategy behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMS stop strategy behavior

Are the ticks you enter in the trigger setting always counted from the entry price or are they counted from where price pulls back to ahead of your stop?

Thanks.

This is actually esignal 11.5 behavior I'm asking about, it has nothing to do with the broker. Thanks.

Comment

The ticks are going to be based on the entry price. For example if you went long at 1.00 and set a trigger for the Stop Strategy for 10 ticks it would execute at $1.10.

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks Avery, so any drawdown that may occur after entry but before the stop strategy triggers has absolutely no bearing on when the stop advances? The live web support person said otherwise. I like your answer better if I understand you correctly.

Comment

dr1990,
          Your last statement is correct, the lost ticks will have no bearing on the Stop Strategy.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Avery, is there any documentation available for the money management planner beyond that brief outline you get when you hit the "?" in the application? I'd like to understand the possibilities available by adding targets to the stop strategy. I'd like to setup a breakeven strategy followed by a trail. What happens to the frequency setting in the first level for example when you add a target? Is it ignored? I notice it can't be set to 0. I need some more detailed instructions. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X