No announcement yet.

Feedback from Transact broker via efs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback from Transact broker via efs.

Hi,

I am just now exploring broker integration so I can go live with my automated efs strategies so I apologize in advance if any of my conclusions are wrong.

I undestant that you can't trade via the generic broker functions in an efs in eSignal ver 11.5... and that ver 11.6 will have that capability when it comes out. Yet, from the forum posts it seems people are using generic broker functions in efs studies using the current version of eSignal.

1- If this is incorrect please let me know.

Also,
    In post at http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....e-better-fills SteveH states:
    You can't get feedback in an EFS on orders being filled (or not). That pretty much rules out having a completely automated trading system
    2- So, if the efs sends a limit order to the broker and then a conditional triggers an order cancellation that requires confirmation from the broker that the order isn't filled before it sends said cancellation, how can the efs determine the order status from the broker?

If you trade from the chart the order status shows up on the chart so the information is available to eSignal.
    3- Why then can't an efs capture the order status from the broker?

4- Can an efs send an order so that when filled a full stop(all open contracts) and first target (portion of open contracts) is also set, then target2 with new stop (I expect that without broker feedback it's impossible)? Note: I know this can be done in efs code but can it be sent to the broker?

Thanks,

Wayne
    Last edited by waynecd; 03-08-2013, 02:27 PM.
Working...
X