email notification when position is opened or closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email notification when position is opened or closed

I'd like to configure eSignal to send email notices when positions are opened and closed. The help pages say email notices work with alerts, and I can see the setting for that when setting up study alerts, but in Application Properties where you set up notification for opening and closing positions there doesn't seem to be any option to select email. Can somebody help me with this?

Many thanks

dr1990,

There are no actual email notification for the trading functions in eSignal, however, depending what method you're using to opening and closing position you might be able to add an Alert.email notification when that same condition is meet.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Avery, I've looked at that, but when running an MMS it seems a bit tricky, at least for me. As eSignal already sends audible alerts in these situations would it be difficult to add an email option?

Comment

Using an EFS to initiate your order would be no different than if you were to click the Buy or Sell button and have an associated MMS provide you have set up the MMS in the Order Defaults for that symbol.

However I do understand the need for the email notification and encourage you to make the suggestion to our Product Manager and Developers via the "Request a Feature" function on the Support menu of eSignal.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

The [email protected] address seems to be bouncing emails but I'll find another way to get in touch. Meantime I'm setting up email alerts at my initial stops and targets, I just don't have one on the trailing stop when it kicks in but this is better than nothing. WAY better than nothing, actually, anything to keep me out of the way of my trades. Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X