• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracket Trader eSignal Link

Watch this thread !!

sneak preview

Comment

Trying Playback

Is there any tracking of playback trades within BT? I am trying it out with an eSignal playback file and the only indication of trades so far is the eSignal Alerts window.

The instructions indicate that one should use the same symbol in BT and eSignal. When I initiate eSignal Playback on BT, with symbol ER2, the symbol changes to $ESPB.

This looks like it can be a great tool.

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

Found the Missing Link

It works fine when using the Simulation setting.

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

Hi RonSr,

You should be in Simulation mode and the symbol in BT should be $ESPB to make sure you dont get any unwanted live trades.

You can try the demo automatic trading script using the playback and watch the signals being sent to BT. I will be adding a demo script using CCI on the website soon.

pretzel

Comment

Hi Pretzel,

Thanks for your response. I gave it a good work out tonight and really like it. It will be interesting to see how the CCI strategy works.

Thanks again.

Comment

esignal link

Please forgive me if I'm posting wrong, but this is my 1st time. I am a new user to BT and notice that there is a link on the website to use esignal and IB TWS to playback files for tick replay. It says to open an advanced chart and load the files that have been unzipped to start the replay. I'm also new to using esignal, and can't seem to load this formula into the chart, how do you do this? I would appreciate any help that one can give.

Thanks, Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Follow the instructions here.

pretzel

Comment

Thanks

Hi Pretzel,

Thanks very much, that worked out fine. Much appreciated.

Jeff

Comment

I thought I'd ask anothet question, or a couple.

1. How do I get the BT buttons on the bottom of the Esignal screen?

2. When actually using this feature to trade do you have to have the TWS open as well? An so is BT trading getting the quotes from TWS or Esignal?

3. I'm also having trouble setting the bracket parameters. i.e. , if you're trading 2 contracts and have a target of 1.5 with a BE + a tick for an adjusted stop once the 1st target is hit, how do you get the runner to just keep going without having a specific target, but at the same time have the trailing stop keep moving up, say at 1 po9int increments? I've tried several combos, but can't seem to get it. T.I.A. for your help.

Jeff

Comment

Backtest files

Hi pretzel,

How do I create additional backtest files to practice on?
                      Cheers!

Matt

Comment

On eSignal,

Tools => Tick Replay => Tick Downloader

Comment

pretzel,

Thank you for the prompt response. I'll give that a shot.

I apologize for the short end to my last post. I checked the signature box, but I must have to be registered for each individual forum. Didn't mean to be rude.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Matt
                          Cheers!

Matt

Comment

pretzel:

Would it be possible to modify your efs files and/or BT to work in simulation mode with playback or real time data from ESignal?

thanks,

John

Comment

scjohn,

The details for practicing using tick replay are posted below. If you want to practice in realtime, just click on the Sim radio button at the upper right of the Bracket Trader window.

Hope this helps.
                              Cheers!

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X