CyberTrader plugin and data feed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CyberTrader plugin and data feed.

Question on how the plugins work - currently don't have anything installed...

I would like to combine the use of eSignal front end and data feed with a CyberTrader account to process transactions. Thus the data feed and GUI software from CyberTrader would not be needed. Will the plugin work in this way, or does it need their complete package? (Would rather not pay for an additional data feed from them, for example.) Have any of the problems mentioned in other posts been fixed?

The IB plugin works via a socket connection to their Java app, and seems pretty solid. Is this what most are using?

Finally, MB Trading offers integration but I don't see any technical info on the eSignal site about setting it up as broker. Does it backend through eSignal itself or does one use their SDK?

Currently evaluating which of these directions to go. Would like seamless broker access without additional clutter on the backend.

Optimally I would like to develop ActiveX driven eSignal transactions from my own application with selectable backend dispatch of orders to target broker.

Thanks!

-Jim
    Last edited by JimBecker17; 11-14-2003, 01:48 PM.

Good questions. I have just enrolled in CyberTrader and have the same questions as you. Have you got everything to work? I have eSignal 7.5 and the Trading button is greyed out. I wonder if I have to downgrade to 7.4... Are you happy with the integrated trading??

Comment

We are working out a problem with eSignal 7.5 and CyberTrader. If you have already installed 7.5 and want to use CyberTrader with eSignal, you will need to downgrade to 7.4. You can find 7.4 by clicking on this link.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Thanks, Jay... I just found this out!! I have downgraded back to 7.4 and it seems to work.. I've done a few small live equity trades today and execution was ok... However, it doesn't accept my symbol entry for option orders... For example, on the Cybertrader platform an entry for the Dec QQQ 36 Puts would be [.QQQXJ] . However, if I input this through e-signal it says "Invalid Symbol". If I input using the e-signal terminology [QQQ XJ] it provides me with quotes but no trades... Am I still using the wrong symbology for trying to trade options??

Comment

I'm happy to say I've got the option quotes to work... they are the same symbology as CyberTrader...e.g. [.QQQXJ]... The problem was that I was behind a firewall and some ports were blocked.###

The Trade execution program is now working quite nicely....

One final question: Does the "Order Ticket Designer" have any functionality with CyberTrader or is it for some other application????

David

Comment

Great to hear all is working well again. Thanks for the update.

As far as the Order Ticket Designer, this should work with CyberTrader and any other integrated trading partner. Here's some further help on the subject.

Video Training on Order Ticket
            Order Entry FAQs
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Working...
            X