X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade management & EFS

Hi:
    I am looking for some advice - is the following is available:
    -Trade management - entry/stop/trailing stop/exit - I use Interactive Brokers (IB) so I have been looking at "Bracket Trader."
    -EFS studies -
    Is an EFS available (with the trade management above) for executing the following strategy- setup :XTL Blue, filter above 50 MA; entry: stochatic buy.
    -Send trade to IB with all trade management characteristics.

If, it is where is it available?
    If, it is not - any suggestions?

Harndog

Automation with IB

Harndog,

I don't believe it is available on this site, but could be created for you.

The automation process is not too difficult... The trading conditions (stops, trailing stops and targets) are the difficult part. Your post has not clearly defined these parameters - so I would need more information before I could help.

This type of project is normally handled as a consulting job. If your project is really detailed, I may only provide some examples (as I have other clients). But these should be enough for you to get started on your own.

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

XTL and trading levels

Brad:
      Thank you for your response. The difficulty is in the details. This has not been my strength.

I have a couple of questions:
      Have you every coded or backtested the GET studies?
      I really like the XTL and could this ever be coded as a filter or entry trigger in eSignal?
      I am getting levels every day for trading and I am wondering can esignal or some other program pull these levels from an excel spreadsheet for execution with other strategies, like an XTL breakout bar through a level?
      Thanks,
      Harndog

Comment

XTL and systems..

I have done some work with the Adv. GET stuff within esignal. It looks really interesting. The last project I did included the XTL, PTI and Wave Count. All of these are available (in RT) from within EFS. Backtesting these values is not currently available.

So, if we were to get started on this, I would suggest building a system that ran in RT on a chart and allowed your to view/test your system for a few weeks.

Reading data from an excel Spreadsheet is not a big deal. It is just a matter of structuring the data in Excel to be properly used within EFS.

Thanks for the extra details in your last post. A reminder.. I would still need the stop, trailing stop, profit target and entry point conditions and actions before I could begin helping you develop this system.

Brad
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
        X