• Show
Clear All

• IB Auto transmit

Accessing IB from an EFS is possible via 2 method :

IBtrade.Buy(Symbol, Nbr_Contract, Order_Type, EntryPrice);
    IBtrade.Sell(...)

when all settings are correct, it generate in TWS an Order line

BUT :

This line is just ready to be transmitted and not transmitted automatically, you still need to click the "Transmit" button ! The IB TWS API "Order structure" has a member called "transmit" as Boolean having the following sense: "Specifies whether the order will be transmitted by TWS. If set to false, the order will be created at TWS but will not be sent."

MY QUESTION :

when created in EFS
    var IBtrade = new IBBroker;
    is it possible to define within the IBBroker class the .transmit member as sent to IB via the API ?

I don't understand your boolean or API stuff but there is a simple way to get rid of the Order Confirmation panel.

In eSignal: Click Trade, IB:Preferences, Order Preferences and unclick the EFS Confirm. Your order will be directly transmitted to TWS without any human input.

Cheers,

Andrei

P.S.: Use eSignal ver 7.5

Comment

Hum Hum !

Well,
      Sure this is the way to remove the "esignal" confirmation screen .... no problem this is working ,
      but when arriving in IB TWS it does not transmit directly the trade it will just fill a line "TO BE transmitted". this is the confirmation stuff I want to get rid of !

Comment

As nobody has any suggestion for this "auto - transmit' function
        I'm building a dedicated DLL as an EFS add on just to perform this functionality if anyone is interested please post a reply here !

regards

Comment

have you seen dynaorder.com, I thnk they already have a working dll

Comment

Yes I've seen it, it is working but I'm still not sure about this auto-transmit parameter in dynaorder (not seen in any documentation) and :
            1- it is heavy to implement with plenty of functions and then plenty of potential buggs !
            2- it needs a 3rd application to run (esignal + IBTWS +dynaorder) = system potentially overloaded !

I 'm just doing a simple dll with 3 functions: Connect, Buy, Sell ; as in EFS currently BUT with an additional parameter AUTO_TRANSMIT=YES or NO )

Comment

Indeed it is a good idea as I was thinking to use a macro to toggle On and Off that trade confirmation panel. There are periods when it would be better to stand aside... a command that an EFS do not understand.

But if you have lots of energy, think of making a "automated trading" front-end to be added to IB Charts. In that way, a trader can just get rid of eSignal.

Cheers,

Andrei

Comment

Hi nicpo,

did you put a check in the box next to 'transmit' in the IB order entry window?

I have it checked and automatic execution from efs is working fine.

Comment

Dll to automatic trade

After days of info research ........ and coding (it looks like as soon as it becomes really important to make money nobody is there)
                  I did a DLL that can be called from EFS to create and transmit orders to TWS ..... and does not require a TWS "T" button hit to get transmitted to GLOBEX.

And works with " setComputeOnClose();" this is not the case of the papertrade or IBtrade stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X