IB Plugin doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB Plugin doesn't work

I do have eSignal 7.5 installed and the IB plugin.
    The plugin van eSignal installed without any problems

When I start eSignal and my TWS and click on "Trade/Interactive Brokers/Logon" this message comes:

Couldn't connect to TWS. Confirm that the TWS Application is running and "Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients" is enabled on the "Settings" menu.
    But I already logged onto the TWS (it is running...)

If I want to re-install the plugin or delete it comes with the setup window of IB it runs up to 79% and comes with below window.
    Which "Disk 1" ?????

What do I need to do to correct this?

Your help is much appreciated!

Ed
    Attached Files
    Last edited by comino; 12-08-2003, 04:29 PM.

Hi,
    I've noticed that to have the IB pluging working smooth you have to follow these steps:
    1 - run TWS and loggin normally.
    2 - in the TWS menu Configure/API click the chek box "enable Active X and Socket Clients"
    3 - run esignal
    4 - in esignal trade/IB click "login"

then an IB window apears - but often hidden behind esignal - saying "accept incomming connection" click yes in this window

and you are connected from esignal to IB TWS !

Comment

I works when I follow your instructions.
      Thanks for that!

If I want to change the setting of the IB pluggin through the Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs/Interactive Brokers Plug-in and click on "Change/Remove" and either make the choose of:

- Make this my default Broker or
      - Do not make this my default Broker

It still comes with the picture as shown in my previous post where it asks for "Disk 1".

It also will not let me remove this plug-in from my computer (I do have Administrator rights).

Any idea how to solve this?

Ed

Comment

Regarding the picture where it asks you for "Disk 1", you can often solve that by uninstalling, deleting everything in the temp folder [...local settings\temp...] and then reinstalling....

Comment

Done that, but unfortunately NO solution!

Ed

Comment

Working...
          X