Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An IB customer

Hi everybody

I am an IB customer and I am interested in esignal software. I've read about most of it features on esignal's website.

When I read other related forums I see that there are some problems with the integration of the two softwares. My question is what is right: I would run eSignal through TWS or I would run TWS through eSignal.

My other question is: Can I receive part of the market data through IB and the other part from eSignal?

Regards,
    Krasimir

Krasimir,

IB and eSignal run separately, each with their own feeds. The way the integration works is that you can place an order from within eSignal, and have that sent to IB automatically. Most answers about the IB / eSignal integration can be found at this FAQ site.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay,

Thank you for answering to my question!

I checked the FAQ site and found most of answers. What I saw is that I can not feed TWS with market data through eSignal. Is the opposite true - Can I feed eSignal with the market data I receive trough TWS? I am asking this because the account I trade is professional, which means I must subscribe to market data through IB software. If I use eSignal I have to subscribe for the same market data, which means I pay twice for the same information. Do you think there will be a resolution to this problem in the near future, since I am very keen on using eSignal, either.

And can I use eSignal charting if I am not subscribed for certain data, for example can I use charting on german stocks if I do not subscribe for IBIS?

Regards,
      Krasimir

Comment

Hi Jay,

I've got question about market data feeding.
        Since I've already subscribed for market data through IB is it possible to use it in order to feed e-Signal.

I spoke to an IB representative and I've been told that is possible to export market data from TWS.

Happy Holidays!!!

Regards,
        Krasimir

Comment

I am asking this because the account I trade is professional, which means I must subscribe to market data through IB software. If I use eSignal I have to subscribe for the same market data, which means I pay twice for the same information. Do you think there will be a resolution to this problem in the near future, since I am very keen on using eSignal, either
          I answer you as a trader

a) we all have different brokers and in the case of IB is the same. Certainly I would not trust the IB data for charting vs/ Esignal. Is like to comapre a moped with a Aston Martin Vanquish. I do not know if is possible to do what you ask, but even if would ( which I doubt since ESIG is the #1 in the world data provider) I would not even approach the idea!!! For common sense reasons.

b) the common sense again adress towards the fact that IB dta feed should be use ONLY for feed other trading applications ( like API automated orders platform) for insert orders.

c) the cost of the data from IB is irrelevant and often waived if the trader generate a minimum of commissions , so its virtually free for most of the markets.

So from trader to trader , approach the problem professioinaly with this logicalo perspective:
          IB is fine for placing orders,
          ESIG is Fine for "all the rest":. And placing the oreder is a consequence of "all the rest" . Than you have a plus: you can Placxe orders from inside IN your pro charting Esignal Platform.

One question: Do you comply with the contractual request of IB to have a second broker to offset yopur position in case of major crashes? Have you been aware of this provision ?

Hope I have been helpfull.
          Last edited by fabrizio; 12-29-2003, 12:40 AM.
          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

I totality agree with "Fabrizio" each app is dedicated to its goal !
            IB to trade.
            eSignal to chart and to run efs scripts.

In any case you CANNOT feed TWS into eSignal or the reverse it is technically impossible . they have 2 different data feeds

What you could do is to use TWS api to gather data with you own written software to re-do eSig .... good luck !

Comment

Something else to consider is that IB data often lags eSignal data. Not by much, but a second or two can make a difference in a fast market.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I do not know if is possible to feed e-Signal through TWS. Probably not.

I would try e-Signal, but I would like to know if you are content with the trading part of the software /the charting must be excellent/.

I am still new here, so I need to familiarize myself with some issues. For example, can you tell me what EFS does mean?

To Fabrizio: In the agreement there is part in which is written that is advisable for the customer to have a second broker in case of major crashes. I do not know what do you mean by offseting position. The second broker can not offset positions. You can open an account with a second broker to hedge your exposures in the first account by taking the oposite side of the open positions.

Comment

Integrated order chart window

I would like to start using esignal IB trading interface.

How do I change the limit price on chart order box, it doesn't respond to editing? Bid/Ask buttons work fine.

I can use cursor to edit Price for stocks...doesn't work using futures???

How can I set to increase/decrease by increments?

Does IB know what ES #f is? Should I set to IB symbology
                  and use ES 4H?

I'll have to try another time...I seem to be losing my data when I ask for bids or something from chart....IB/esignal fighting over connection? IB winning??? I'm running TWS at same time.
                  Missed 4pt drop ES because of this problem?

I quit using now still having problems? I better call...

I missed a trade trying to fix charts....data window turned red

TIA,

~j
                  Last edited by JJordan; 02-02-2004, 07:05 AM.

Comment

JJordan,

How do I change the limit price on chart order box, it doesn't respond to editing?
                    I'm not sure which you mean on the chart order box. Do you mean the Order Ticket (Trade --> Attach Order Ticket)? Or the Trade Window (Trade --> Interactive Brokers --> Trade)?

Both seem to work ok. Can you make sure the communication is setup correctly for the Order Ticket (if that's the one you're using?) Basically, click on Trade --> Preferences, and select IB and click Make Default.

I can use cursor to edit Price for stocks...doesn't work using futures???
                    Could you clarify where you are seeing this?

How can I set to increase/decrease by increments?
                    This can be done through the Customize Keyboard command under the main Tools menu.

Does IB know what ES #f is? Should I set to IB and use ES 4H?
                    IB doesn't know what ES #F is, but I believe you can tell it what you want it to be. Try the below settings in Trade --> Interactive Brokers --> Symbology, and if it doesn't work, then just use ES H4.

Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

Indecies

Does anybody know if e-signal has got charts and quotation of major indecies like DJIA, nasdaq Com., S&P 500, DAX 30, CAC 40, FTSE 100?

Comment

Hi Krasio,

The answer is yes, eSignal provides charts and quotes of the indices you mentioned along with several others. If you interested in learning more about the data we provide, you may want to visit our Symbol Lookup Guide for a complete listing of our index offerings.

Comment

Hi DuaneG,

Thank you for your reply. Do you know if I need to subscribe for any specific market data in order to receive their real-time charts. For example, do I need to subscribe for german market data so that I could receive charts on DAX 30?

Thank you again.

Regards,
                          krasio

Comment

Krasio,

Many of the major indexes (including the DAX and the $DAXI) are provided free with any of eSignals "Real Time" data subscriptions. If you are looking for DAX Index Futures, you would need to be signed up for Futures Exchange permissions to receive that data. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Working...
                            X