Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone been able to trade futures with Integrated trading/order ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone been able to trade futures with Integrated trading/order ticket?

Has anyone been able to make this work?

It seems that plugin is always forcing the exchange to SMART.

The symbology database forces the exchange to always be SMART, even when changed to GLOBEX.

Even when initiating through Integrated trading where GLOBEX is properly pre-initialized the order fails.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Since there have been lookers but no posters to this reply, I guess no one can make it work.

Who is responsible for the plug-in code anyway? eSignal? IB? Someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by CoastalTrader
      Since there have been lookers but no posters to this reply, I guess no one can make it work.

Who is responsible for the plug-in code anyway? eSignal? IB? Someone else?
      It seems like this:
      -ESIG did his best in order to create the plug in;
      - IB never supported on his side Esig to adjust the plug.

So if someone is to blame here is IB. Not Esig.

Actually Esig brought imndirectly many customer -via the integrated solution- to switch to IB. I do not know the Viceversa

From a non staff or employee like me the fact is that all the other pugs works , the only one who do not is the IB one.

I take the chanche to redirect to you to a very efficent "bridge solution " on which we are working ( not talking for Esignal but for me and others partners). Go to http://www.ninjatrader.com.
      Of you have questions about it please contact me via PM , or Mr Raymond Deux at [email protected] or [email protected]

I work with fully automated strategies and orders since april and the new release V3 IS interfaced with the efs SO TAHT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TRANSFORM THE SIGNAL FROM YOUR e
      EFS STUDY INTO ORDER WITH STOP LOSSE , AUTO TRIAL STOP, TARGET , SCALE IN SCALE OUT ETC ETC , DIRECTLY FROM THE CHART.

Cordially
      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Thanks Fabrizio, but I wasn't looking for anyone to blame.
        Rather who we need to work with to resolve the issue.
        Being a developer I know that it's a straightforward issue to correct in the code.

So, eSignal is this your code? If so, how do we rectify this?

Comment

Believe me

No way to get out of the problem.

Do not wanna abe persistent but with IB there is nothing to do.
          TWS as tooooo many problems and / IMO/ they are not a serious corp.

There is now a large number of fenomenal platform ( i.e. based on CITRIX ) with direct access to the exchanges exactly like GLOBEX platform.

They have similar and better fees, similar and better marginations, if you want they help you to lease a seat at the exchange and tehir platform is not very far from XTRADE or GL and definitively on the same level of teh very very good last release of Jtrader.

Believe me , we are in this subject since al ot o0f time and I can assure you taht IB is no more t
          he one that should have been.

Then do what you prefer.
          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Can someone from eSignal confirm that this is correct i.e. that IB no longer support integrated trading from within eSignal on YM and ES because of this SMART/GLOBEX problem?

Comment

Seems to be working today.

Comment

Problem?

RobMc,

Has your problem been corrected? Do you still have an issue?

Comment

This seems to be working now.
                  Tried it Monday and the order passed to IB, but the price was the infinity sign.
                  Today all seems to be working.
                  Thanks to whoever fixed this.

Comment

Trading IB

I still use IB to make trades, only because of symbol confusion on
                    my part. However, I am using esignal's Quotrek on my PDA and
                    IB's online PDA order entry system. Pretty cool!

Lake Mead , NV near Hoover Dam

Comment

I gave up on the integrated trading w/ IB. At first I though it would be great but, as you point it, it intermitently works.

This is not what I need when I want OUT of a position or IN. After missing a couple trades, I decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Anyhow...

Fabrizio --
                      I see you mentioned Ninja? I'll take a look. I'm also playing w/ BT (Bracket Trader) which seems to work well @ setting targets/stops all automatically. Quite nice / simple.

TWS works fine but it's a lot of fumbling to get the order set right. And, there is no 'bail me out now' button...

I just opened an IB account 2 weeks ago and it's worked very, very well. But, that's just 2 weeks. So we'll see.

-c

Comment

Originally posted by soylent
                        I gave up on the integrated trading w/ IB. At first I though it would be great but, as you point it, it intermitently works.

This is not what I need when I want OUT of a position or IN. After missing a couple trades, I decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Anyhow...

Fabrizio --
                        I see you mentioned Ninja? I'll take a look. I'm also playing w/ BT (Bracket Trader) which seems to work well @ setting targets/stops all automatically. Quite nice / simple.

TWS works fine but it's a lot of fumbling to get the order set right. And, there is no 'bail me out now' button...

I just opened an IB account 2 weeks ago and it's worked very, very well. But, that's just 2 weeks. So we'll see.

-c
                        Solent

I answer with pleasure to yoiur post.

A) The one and only fault for the practcal impossibility to integrated trade with IB is to be attributed to INTERACTIVE BROKERS. One of the worts Brokerage Corp ever met .
                        B) The y di not SUPPORT The poor ESIGNAL ain develop and adjust the Plug and solve the problems : As well as they do with their customers.

C) Because of that and because my pewsronal insistences not to be tight to only oine "l-----y" Broker, Raymond Deux is developing the interface in order to link Ninja ( lets0s call it NTV3 from now on for simplicity) to JTRADER of Patsystem ; this will give vto the customers a much wider possibility of choiche . Who wants to trade with IB will be able to do it , the others - will have the chance to switch to the widest ( probably) platform order entry available on the market.

Give NT V3 a try, on www.ninjatrader.com . You are entitled for a fre ride for a certain amount of time. Once you will be "accostomized" you will never leave it since will be part of your tarding style and will increase by 100% your efficency , discipline, strategy approach, stability and rlaiability. With the possibility to manage an illimitate # of securities at the same time each with its proper strategy.

You can even join our group on yahoo . You will find all the video9 resources on the site.

Hope to have you soon aboard.
                        Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

You know, I started this thread to deal with issues about eSignal's integrated trading with IB; not for free advertising for Fabrizio and his product.

I've used IB for several years without incident, and now I've been using the integrated trading in eSignal for a couple of weeks without a problem. I just wish I could modify some of the defaults suchs as # of contracts and order type, etc.

If we can't stay on topic, making integrated IB trading work, then maybe the moderators can delete this stream.

Comment

If the moderators deleted every thread that wandered off topic, there would be few threads left.

That's the beuty of these forum, the discussion is free flowing and relevant to the posters.

Comment

I'm all for everyone being able to post their opinions.
                              Love the concept of free speech.
                              But I'm interested in fixing the tool we already have available.

Maybe a new thread should be started for those that don't want to work towards a solution.

I put that statement in my last post as a plea to the moderators...because if I had the power to delete, this thread would already be gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X