Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone been able to trade futures with Integrated trading/order ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoastalTrader
    You know, I started this thread to deal with issues about eSignal's integrated trading with IB; not for free advertising for Fabrizio and his product.

I've used IB for several years without incident, and now I've been using the integrated trading in eSignal for a couple of weeks without a problem. I just wish I could modify some of the defaults suchs as # of contracts and order type, etc.

If we can't stay on topic, making integrated IB trading work, then maybe the moderators can delete this stream.

Whatchmacallit

Soylent pose a question wich is TOTALLY IN LINE WITH THE TOPICS OF THIS SO CALLED "YOURS" thread

I answered because I am a professional and I have been solicietd to reply.

I would not call it ads.

Besides that IB is not a professional Corp.

Besides the problems experienced,

They Block the development of ESIG not supporting them.

Now : I must give you an advice from an old man: think twice before talking.

And if your problem is to pay lower and lower commissions ....rather than have a Serious services , I hope you will solve your money problem soon.

PS: Fast Trade can offer you the same prices of IB with a PRO structure, a great Sales Manager, a directlky connnected to the exchange platform via Citix system, and the possibility to chose among different platforms. All PROFESSIONALS and not toys for kids.
    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Originally posted by CoastalTrader
      I'm all for everyone being able to post their opinions.
      Love the concept of free speech.
      But I'm interested in fixing the tool we already have available.

Maybe a new thread should be started for those that don't want to work towards a solution.

I put that statement in my last post as a plea to the moderators...because if I had the power to delete, this thread would already be gone.
      Hi Coastal --

Sorry -- I was just adding to the 'frustration' you feel w/ eSignal on the integrated trading for IB.

I, too, would like to see it fixed. But, I'm a software developer and I know that it takes time -- a long time -- before any of this stuff gets fixed for good -- and, debugged properly.

Personally, I'm looking for a solution I can use today. I encourage eSignal by posting in this thread that you are not alone in your frustration on the integration.

Meanwhile, since the integrated version does not allow:
      - Targets
      - Trailing stops
      - Stop loss orders
      - Stop Limit / one-cancels-other / Stop and reverse...

I'm not sure we will see a solution in the next 1-2 years that works for intra-day trading.

FWIW: I've posted a lot of suggestions to esignal for fixes. Some are 'gpf' level problems that I've suggested fixing for 6+ months. They don't get fixed.

eSignal does two things well:
      - DATA FEED is 100% top-notch.
      - Pretty charts

And, EFS is fairly extensible.

Other than that, I'm being realistic and trying to look for alternatives for order entry.

-c

Comment

Thanks Soylent!

I too am a developer.
        I also know that the squeakier we make the wheel the more likely eSignal will be to notice. So invite everyone on board to squeak!

What I would ultimately like to see is for eSignal to provide us with the specifications for us to write our own add-ins. But having been in this business for many many years I know that that creates as many headaches as it cures from a support standpoint.

So, we start where we can.
        Even though it's been slow, I've seen this tool go from not working to working within its own limitations during the course of this thread. That's at least an improvement.

You would think with the prices we pay we would see quicker responses to issues.
        But that aside, you are right in that eSignal is very good at it's core business.

And while an integrated solution would be fantastic, I'm happy just making money trading with the tools I have; since it's the trading and taking moeny from the markets that really matters.

Again, thanks for the encouragement!

Comment

Replicate or screen shots

I am trying to replicate this error some of you are experiencing, but can't.

Can someone please describe the situation in detail, maybe include some screen shots, so I can get to the bottom of it?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X