Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrated Trading - Answers

To all,

Developers, are more than welcome, even encouraged, to write your own plug-ins. In fact, I have created a Brokerage Integration SDK located in the File Share. The forum is designed to be a collaborative effort by a community of developers and traders, with an "open source" mindset. The plug-ins are typically written by the brokerage firm, or in the situations where there is a significant business opportunity, by contractors of eSignal.

We currently support Market, Limit, Stop, and Stop Limit trades through the API, and more sophisticated or combination trades can be set up by using EFS. There have been a group of traders that have done so. We are enhancing our features to fit the demand by the broad market, so some of the features requested will not be added if they do fit within the general framework of the entire solution.

Brokerage integration is a relatively new and unexplored area. We are working with a variety of brokerage firms and end-users to find solutions that meet the various demands from all of the related stake holders. We appreciate your feedback, suggestions and input, but let's make a conscious effort to keep the postings POSITIVE. As with development in general, there are inate short-comings and wish-lists, and with proper communication and management we can reach mutually satisfactory results.

I hope this answers some of your questions and sheds light into the direction we are heading to support and enhance these features.

Robi

Robi

I'm getting confused with certain threads as to what should or shouldn't work with the integrated trading. There seems to be an intermittant problem with IB. In particular with setting stops, limits where after the order is sent it appears on the IB screen with an infinity symbol.

Below you say that market stops and limits are supported. Do you mean for the integrated trading with IB because there are obviously some problems with it. Could you confirm that eSignal is aware of this problem so that I can stop trying to use the integrated IB module for anything other than market orders. Or is it, as far as eSignal are concerned, working as it should? I'm not referring to anything technologically fancy or involving efs or order management modules like ninja etc, just basic stop and limit order entry through eSignal to IB. Is it broke?

I really would appreciate your view as to where we are with it.

Thanks
    Rob

More detail, which I'm sure you are aware of, in this thread http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...&threadid=7910
    Last edited by RobMc; 03-30-2004, 03:53 AM.

Comment

The issue with IB has recently come to our attention. Another user had a similar problem, but said it went away. Intermittant problems are the most difficult to debug because they are hard to replicate.

If you could send some screen shots or a way to replicate the problem, it would help us get to the bottem of it. Stops and limits are designed to work.

Thanks for your help,

Robi

Comment

Working...
      X