eSignal welcomes Forex Capital Markets (FXCM) customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal welcomes Forex Capital Markets (FXCM) customers

New relationship with FXCM announced yesterday. See the official Press Release for complete details.

If you are a current FXCM customer and have not tried eSignal yet, there's a limited-time offer set-up for customers new to eSignal.

To set-up FXCM and eSignal for integrated trading, please download the plug-in and follow the on-screen instructions.

About FXCM

FXCM (www.fxcm.com) is a global leader in the emerging field of online Forex trading. Through the firm's proprietary trading platform, FX Trading Station, FXCM enables retail and institutional clients to trade on Forex market movements. Because Forex trading is conducted in a global environment, the firm offers 24-hour trading and operates offices in New York, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo. FXCM serves over 40,000 clients, executing over 800,000 trades through the FX Trading Station on a monthly basis. The firm is privately held by a consortium of investors, including the Refco Group.

To open a brokerage account with FXCM, call 1.888.503.6739 or visit www.fxcm.com.

I downloaded plug-in for FXCM. Installation is no problem. I started eSignal as instructed, and I configured eSignal for integrated trading as instructed. I started FxCM Trade station. Everything is OK so far. But when I double-click a bid/ask price on Eur A0-FX in eSignal quote window, nothing happens.??

Comment

apex3824,

Before we dig deep on this issue, I'd like to check a few obvious items. Have you gone through the FXCM Plug-in Steps? If yes, then check to make sure that in eSignal, under Trade --> Preferences, and that ActiveX Trading is set to "Yes" under the Default column? If it is not, then please click on FXCM and then Make Default.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

FXCM Auto trading

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get eSignal to initiate trades with a demo account at FXCM. I have had no problem with the plugin, etc. What I am having problems with is the EFS function that will initiate the trade.

I have the strategy programmed, and am using the following code to determine which action should be taken...buy/sell;

/* Strategy Logic */
        // if (vSMA < RSIMAValue){ //Long Check
        if ((vSMA < RSIMAValue) || ((vSMA < RSIMAValue) && (RSIMAROC < .0) && (nLastPosition = vLong))){//Long Check
        if(!Strategy.isLong() && nLastPosition != vLONG) {
        Strategy.doLong("Crossing Up", Strategy.MARKET, Strategy.THISBAR);
        } else if (Strategy.isShort()) {
        Strategy.doCover("Cross cover", Strategy.MARKET, Strategy.THISBAR);
        }

if (OpenContracts > 0) {
        //Close existing open SHORT Trade
        IBtrade.Buy(getSymbol(),OpenContracts,IBBroker.MAR KET);
        OpenContracts = 0;
        }
        IBtrade.Buy(getSymbol(),DefEntryContracts,IBBroker .MARKET);
        //
        // buy 10 contract, limit @ last price
        //
        //IBBroker.Buy(getSymbol(), 10, IBBroker.LIMIT, close());

nLastPosition = vLONG;

} else if (vSMA > RSIMAValue){ // Short Check
        if(!Strategy.isShort() && nLastPosition != vSHORT) {
        Strategy.doShort("Crossing Down", Strategy.MARKET, Strategy.THISBAR);
        } else if (Strategy.isLong()){
        Strategy.doSell("Crossover Cover", Strategy.MARKET, Strategy.THISBAR);
        }

//
        // Sell 10 contract @ Market
        //
        //IBBroker.Sell(getSymbol(), 10, IBBroker.MARKET);

nLastPosition = vSHORT;

I have commented out the "IBBroker.Buy"/"IBBroker.Sell" because of syntax errors (says not defined), even though I have declared the variable prior to the main in the script.

Can anyone help me? All I need is the mechanism to perform the action and life is grand!

Thanks in advance,
        Sherri Young

Comment

FXCM Trading via EFS

Hi Sherriyoung,

I'm part of the product team working on integrated trading. I've forwarded your inquiry internally, and will let you know if we have an answer for you.

Thanks,

Brent

Comment

FXCM Auto trading

Thank you for your response Brent. It has been almost a week... any news yet? I have continued trying various changes in the EFS code for the auto trader, and have not yet had any positive results.

Could you please give me an update, or have someone on your team update me?

Thanks in advance,
            Sherri Young

Comment

Auto Trading

Hi Sherri,

Sorry for the delay in my response.
              The resource conducting the analysis needed to review and get acquainted with FXCM. I've inquired as to his progress and will let you know.
              Also, accept my regrets for not responding to your email. I'll send you an update that way either today or tomorrow.

Otherwise, is the integration meeting your needs? Are there any unexpected benefits you've discovered?

Brent

Comment

Hello Sherri,

The only way to send trades to FXCM trading station from EFS is through our generic broker functions, which are listed in the formula below. However, the only thing that gets sent across is the symbol. The behavior is much like double clicking on the bid or ask from the quote window.

In regards to your code example, the Strategy object is for passing information to the Strategy Analyzer when processing historical bars for back testing. It's not intended for real time analysis. Likewise the IBBroker object is only for IB. What I recommend is that you write your formula to track positions based on entry signals with global variables. Then use the generic broker functions below to send the trade.

buyMarket(getSymbol(), null);
                or
                sellMarket(getSymbol(), null);

FXCM.efs
                This formula can be used to send trades manually to the FXCM trading station. It's disabled by default when first applied to your chart. Right click on the label below the trade buttons to enable them. You can over-ride the disabling of the buttons on reload by setting the Enable parameter to true through Edit Studies. If you then reload the formula for any reason, the trade buttons will remain enabled.
                Jason K.
                Project Manager
                eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
                JavaScript for EFS Video Series
                EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
                EFS Glossary
                Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi apex3824,

I'm running esignal 5.5 with fxcm demo as well.

I'm having the same problem. What I've found after running fxcm.efs, I can click on the buy button, all it does is bring up a BuyAtMkt window in FXCM-TradePlaform. It doesn't instantly trade at market. To actually process the trade, I must go to the FXCM-TradePlaform and click ok.

That seems kind of silly if that is the extent of the integrated trading -> because I think you would agree apex -> that what I'm looking for with esignal integrated broker is the functionality is to go long/short based on trade logic, regarless if I'm infront of the computer to click 'ok'. If during my trade logic a buy signal is generated, I want the software to somehow enter a long position.

Is there a solution to our issue that we are just not seeing?

Comment

belcarra_mike,

Thanks for the info. One of the highlight sentences in your post is the reference to eSignal 5.5. As we are now in a Gold release of eSignal 7.7, I think that an upgrade to the latest version is the best way to proceed. As 5.5 is no longer a supported version, once you are upgraded, we can begin to take a look as to why the orders are not being passed to FXCM properly. Please let me know how the order handling behaves after the upgrade. eSignal 7.7 can be downloaded here.

Comment

Working...
                    X