No announcement yet.

Market Depth not showing eSignal data ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Depth not showing eSignal data ?

Today I and others experienced several data manager disconnects. I use MB trading as my broker integrated in eSignal. My market depth windows were full of updating quotes while these eSignal disconnects were happening.
    This is not the first time I've seen this. I just decided to write about it while the system is down. My question is, is the data in my market depth window eSignal's or my brokers L2? It would appear to be my brokers since all my charts and quote windows were dead. If this is so why am I paying for market depth at all and why isn't this mentioned anywhere that your broker's data replaces the eSignal feed? Nothing at eSignal or MB Trading about this. I always assumed that I was watching eSignal market depth.
    I'd like to hear an official explanation from someone at eSignal on this.

Brianb,

The Market Depth data that you are seeing is being fed by eSignal. There was an issue with some servers this morning that affected Quote Windows and Chart windows. The initial reports I've received indicate that the issue has been resolved. The reason the Market Depth data continued to stream, is due to the fact that the Market Depth data is compartmentalized on separate servers. These servers were not affected during the issue; hence, they continued to feed data.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Duane. I was puzzled why the market depth kept working and like I said it's not the first time I've noticed this. Now if we could just get that other data on those "compartmentalized" servers we'd be free of interuptions.

Comment

Working...
      X