esignal FXCM connection to IB via API socket with client ID not = 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• esignal FXCM connection to IB via API socket with client ID not = 0

hi - what about a way to make the esignal client id at the interactive brokers FXCM connection other than 0 as that id is used by a program that i have been using for years and the programmer will not change it

thanks

Potye2,

I'll pass this over to the Product Development Team. If you have any specific thoughts about how this should function, you can email them directly to [email protected]. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

further thoughts on esignal FXCM connection to IB via API socket with client ID not =

hi - what about a way to make the esignal client id at the interactive brokers FXCM connection other than 0 as that id is used by a program that i have been using for years and the programmer will not change it

idea on how it would function:

ib allows several API sockets to connect simultaneously - each would have it's own client id so they will be able to work together

0 is the master controling id which superceedes all others

but there can be others that talk to ib while 0 is talking

imo - it should be not to difficult to allow esignal to have an id other than 0 - just like it can have a socket other than 7496 which is 8585 - this 8585 is immensly helpful so that i can test with the ib demo and be connected to a live ib account with another esignal - my (and others) using two esignal accounts instead of one would bring more revenue to esignal (right now i switch off - take twice the amount of time to do things)

also, once the testing is complete, esignal would be even more proprietary for me to stay with as it would be the only platform which would allow this with ib

thanks for your help

rgs -p

Comment

Socket #'s

Hi Potye2,

I've discussed offering the ability to change sockets with out developers. Appearently, there's a chance that using a socket other than 0 could result in either a failure at the point of order entry and/or reporting - it's not clear from their API.
        I'll send you a PM, and if you're available, let's discuss.

Thanks,

Brent
        Integrated Trading Product Management

Comment

Working...
        X