Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly performers percentages

Hi All,

Below is the weekly top performers, as identified by CBSMarketWatch. Can someone please let me know how they ascertain their top weekly performers? For example, my calculations indicate that cosmetics weekly percentage is 3.35% and precious metals percentage is 0.55%. I calculated it by looking at the close for each index for the week. So, the close of cosmetics and precious metals is 224.61, 232.16 and 79.71, 80.15 respectively.

I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this.

Cheers

DJ Precious Metals Index (US) 3.42%
    DJ Cosmetics Index (US) 2.31%
    DJ Internet Services Index (US) 2.10%
    DJ Household Products, Nondurable I... 1.69%
    DJ Household Products Index (US) 1.39%
    DJ Heavy Machinery Index (US) 1.27%
    DJ Industrial Equipment Index (US) 1.13%
    DJ Medical Supplies Index (US) 1.12%
    DJ Pollution Control Index (US) 1.10%
    DJ Noncyclical Goods & Services Ind... 1.05%

Hi Carlton,

I'm would suggest you check with CBS Market Watch to see how these indexes were calculated. I'm not sure what to make of the numbers, but you can click here to get to the Help site for CBS Market Watch. Hopefully this will provide you with a good start.

Comment

Duane,

Thanks for getting back to me, mate. I have checked all over CBSMarketWatch's site and I couldn't find any information on how they arrive at their industry analysis decisions.

Carlton

Comment

Hi Carlton,

Running through their site, I didn’t see any quantitative analysis on the numbers they provided. This may be best handled through an email to the support staff at CBS Market Watch. As we don't supply their data, they may be better at answering any questions regarding their figures and the calculation thereof.

Comment

Duane,

Thanks ever-so-much mate for getting back to me - I have had very few responses to my questions in the past.

Anyway, I will shoot CBSMarketWatch an email tomorrow.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Working...
          X