EFS Understanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn,

When I put it to the test with bar replay it failed.

I guess I not such a genius after all :-)

Back to the drawing board for me.

C.

Comment

Hi,

The efs appears to work when I test it on tick replay, however as I mentioned it didn't work when running it with bar replay. This leads me to think that it will work in realtime.

I suppose I'll find out on Monday.

Carlton

Comment

Carlton

Glad to see you figured it out - I had all the faith in you, wtg.

Comment

Carlton,

May I suggest that to ensure the efs is working properly (as they will often run, but not provide the intended output), that you use my trace utility on it. to do this, you would install the trace function outside the premain and main sections (it is a stand alone function), then place trace steps after those steps which are critical. Then you can see the output in a file after the efs has run/is running. Here is a link to a thread that discusses the function http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...race#post47303

Comment

Thanks David.

Thanks Steve.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Hi Steve,

I have been trying to get your trace efs to work, without success. I was wondering if you could let me know if I have added your code to my efs the way you mentioned?

Cheers

Carlton
              Attached Files

Comment

Carlton,

I just had another post in the last day where I had used it in an application showing how Math.max could be used on arrays. Check that out and see if it helps. Otherwise, please post your code and I will help you stick it in there.

Comment

Carlton,

I took a look at your code (sorry I missed the second efs in there) and you need to copy the portion of the efs that has the ########### trace section required to be copied complete ############## around it. The remainder of the code such as the premain and main sections do not get copied. Take a look at this thread as an example for placing into an efs http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=10104

Learning this technique may also help you get through the problem you were having in the other thread where you were experiencing CPU saturation.

Comment

Thanks a lot mate. I'll check it out. In the meantime, I'm going to get in touch with Esignal help desk support - I have never sought help from the British wing of esignal on efs issues, so it should be interesting to see if they're able to assist me.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

As I thought.

I have just been informed that esignal telephone support reps don't provide support with scripts. I was told that I should just be patient and wait for a volunteer on this forum to help me out.

Oh well.

Carlton

Comment

Carlton,

When you are ready, let me know when you have gotten to the point of troubleshooting your script. Either myself or someone else on the board with some time to spare will be more than happy to help out. I have committments the rest of the day, but will probably be on later tonight.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks for helping me mate. By the time you get home I'm sure I'll be fast asleep due to the time difference. I'm going play around with your trace function tonight and let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Working...
                          X