No announcement yet.

My Highest Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spike whats the emini symbol also u used in the spread sheet?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by spamula
      Spike whats the emini symbol also u used in the spread sheet?

Regards
      I prefer e-minis for several reasons:
      It’s a huge market with big volumes, possibility to trade electronically (flashfills in 2 seconds), low commissions and even big positions can be taken easily without influencing the price.

MAX OPEN PROFIT: the maximum profit that you theoretically could make. Normally you need the HIGH and the LOW ( on top of the ENTRY and EXIT) because with these quotes your calculations are correct. I did not do it because of lack of time. My own sheet (that I don’t have anymore was more complex but also closer to reality). So the value of MAX OPEN PROFIT is useless in the sheet I mailed. It took random figures to simulate the value. Normally you take the HIGHEST (or LOWEST) value between the ENTER and the EXIT of the trade.

RESULT IF STOPPED: number of points (same kind of values as the STOPLOSS). You have to multiply this figure with 50$, as 1 mini gives 50 $ per point. This column calculates the result if the STOPLOSS was used.

RESULT FROM TRADE: result without using the STOPLOSS.

RESULT IN DOLLARS should also be corrected (I was apparently much too fast)
      If the RESULT OF TRADE WITH STOPLOSS is better than the RESULT FROM TRADE you should take the value of RESULT OF TRADE WITH STOPLOSS as the correct value.

For this simulation I took the S&P500 Index because I have continuous data for the index but not for the futures.

I will try to make a correct sheet and mail it again, because there are apparently several errors in the sheet.

Comment

Hey Spike thanks for your help,

At the moment I pay arround $15 for a round trip stock trade + slippage + the occasional ECN fees, how much for a round trip buy and sell of one contract?

The commisions are really what kills it for me on an all day basis with the stock trading.

Emini S&P symbol is ES ? 1 contract = $845 you only trade 1 contract at a time? How big an account do you need at the moment I have a pattern day trader account with IB 25,000$+.

Is it true you only need around $5k but why if only trading 1 contract at around $840?

Comment

Hey Spike thanks for your help,

At the moment I pay arround $15 for a round trip stock trade + slippage + the occasional ECN fees, how much for a round trip buy and sell of one contract?

The commisions are really what kills it for me on an all day basis with the stock trading.

Emini S&P symbol is ES ? 1 contract = $845 you only trade 1 contract at a time? How big an account do you need at the moment I have a pattern day trader account with IB 25,000$+.

Is it true you only need around $5k but why if only trading 1 contract at around $840?

For daytrading E-minis you can start with an account of 2000$ minimum. The margins for 1 mini are around 500$ per mini. The commissions are around 6 to 12 $ per round turn.

If you are good, you can make good money because the leverage is high. If you are trading bad, you lose all your capital within a few days.

I included a much better version of the excell sheet. It will give you an idea of how good ( or how bad) your system is. It can predict how much money you will make by trading your system. The more data you have the more the predictions will be reliable.
          The data in this sheet are not corresponding with any trading system. I just took daily prices and went long on day 1, short on day2, then long again , then short again....
          So don't make any conclusions on the analysis of this data.
          Attached Files

Comment

Only change the RED figures in the sheet, the other figures are calculated by the sheet.

Comment

Spike,

I have a few questions on the emini sorry to bug you:

whats the difference between the emini S&P future and the normal futures market?

I went to emini on my layouts on esignal I couldn't get any chart data up, but when I went to normal future ES info came up?

What are the best times to trade emini's?

Genneraly do you think they are more profitable to trade than stocks using an automated system?

Regards

Comment

Spike,

I have a few questions on the emini sorry to bug you:

whats the difference between the emini S&P future and the normal futures market?

I went to emini on my layouts on esignal I couldn't get any chart data up, but when I went to normal future ES info came up?

What are the best times to trade emini's?

Genneraly do you think they are more profitable to trade than stocks using an automated system?

Regards
                E-minis are part of the normal future market. They are only smaller in size to enable investors to participate with smaller amounts.

I don't know what are the best times to trade. I think you have to see this according to your trading system. I trade when i have a signal to trade, no mather when that is ( except 15 minutes before closing time of course).

I don't know if they are more profitable, but it is easier to trade because you only have to follow 1 item instead of maybe 100 stocks.

Comment

I'm ignorant to futures please advise on the following:

Can someone tell me the actual symbol for emini S&P future +
                  what month is usually most popular i.e. near? Sept or Dec what has best volume?

Also do i need to subscribe to futures data at the moment I just have US stocks on esignal?

Also how can I back test data on the emini?

Thanks for all help!

Spam
                  Last edited by spamula; 08-23-2004, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Spam
                    The symbol for the current contract is ES U4 (or ES U4=2 for the day session only). There is also a continuous contract symbol which is ES #F (or ES #F=3 for day session only).
                    You would need to add the CME E-minis to your subscription.
                    Back testing can be done just as with stocks
                    Alex

Comment

Thanks for your help Alexis! Just upgraded subscription.

Comment

How much is 1 emini contract of ESU4, on my esignal screen its
                        109875 is this in $??? How do I trade that?

I thought spike said it was around $850?

I would check it on my IB screen but a futures feed won't show up untill tommorow

Thanks for helping me with my Stupido questions

Regards
                        Spam

Comment

Spam
                          That would be the same as 1098.75. eSignal does not display decimal points with futures (see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase.
                          Mininum price movement of ES is 0.25 so the next ticks up/down from the price you posted would be 109900 and 109850 respectively
                          Alex

Comment

So 0.25 = $12.5 0r 1 point = $50?

regards

Comment

Spam
                              That is correct
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X