Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tick charts data ...Please do something about this problem!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick charts data ...Please do something about this problem!!!!

This has been an ongoing problem with e signal which i very much hope will be fixed soon.
    I use tick and volume charts very often in trading and have been told that the maximum amount of data available for historical purposes on tick data is 10 days max.
    However every time i try to load a chart for purposes of backtesting strategies especially out of market hours and definitely over weekends the data barely loads 1 full day of trading .This is just impossible to work with, its hard enough only being able to see 10 days which isn't so helpful in itself due to the time span being so restricted, but not being able to see even that is a bit too much.
    Can e signal please fix this problem- in the past when esig 7.0 series was first coming out,there was a similar problem for minute charts, if it could be fixed for that i don't see why it cannot be fixed for tick charts as well with the traders discretion to choose how much data he/she wishes to load

This has been very frustrating and a large wastage of time on calling e signal offices who themselves have not been too helpful in this respect possibly for the reason that they are not familiar with these type of charts rather with the minute type.

In the mean time while esignal are trying to enable longer time periods of historical data for these types of charts , can they please make sure that at all times during the week the full 10 days of historical data will load on whatever tick/volume chart the trader wishes to analysefor whichever markets in particular all major world indices such as the dax all us indices russel, nasdaq etc...

Many thanks

silverxx12
    All you need to do is add to the Time Template the User Defined intervals T and V and set them to load 10 days of data.
    The reason you are now getting only one day is that if there is no Time Template set for those intervals eSignal will load by default only the current day (or whatever minimum number of days is required to dynamically fill a chart).
    Alex

Comment

Alexis i'm not very clear on what you mean by user defined intervals T and V? i understand that when you load a tick chart it automatically has times 000-24hr ie dynamic?
      If you could just run through the stages i need to do that will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comment

Right click, Time Templates,
        Type:User Defined
        Interval:T
        # Days:10
        Check Days button - not Bars
        Update/Add
        Close

Comment

Many thanks works fine now

Comment