Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReferenceError problem

Hi,

Can someone please tell me why I'm getting the following syntax error message on just a few securities when the chart has an interval on 30mins. For example, if I set the chart to 30mins for GLG I get "line 186: ReferenceErrorMIold is not defined". However, when I use the same efs with, say PCU again on a 30min chart it works fine?

Just so you know I did define it in the main function, however the results are totally different

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is becoming rather annoying.

I have attached the efs.

Cheers

Carlton
    Attached Files

Carlton,

Here's the problem..

This is the way it is currently coded.

Line 46 function main(Length,Sym,Value) {
    Line 47 if(getBarState()==BARSTATE_NEWBAR)
    Line 48 DMIold=DMI

On line 48, you can see that there isn't a semicolon after the end of the line. This is causing a problem on line 186 and line 187 when the command is being referenced.

Add a semicolon to the end of Line 48 and line 186 and 187 should work properly. I'm also seeing a huge draw on the CPU when changing symbols. This is most likely the cause of the issues you are experiencing.

Comment

Duane,

Thanks for getting back to me. I added the semi-colon to line 48 as you suggested, however it didn't work. I then decided to add it to line 47 and it worked. Did you mean line 47 instead of line 48?

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Duane,

I should mention that when I do add the semi-colon to line 47 I lose the colour coding to let me know if the indicator is uptrending or downtrending. Which leads me to think that the semi-colon should be on line 48 as you suggested.

Carlton

Comment

Working...
        X