Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal Crash Report Crashes

Hi - Anyone have this problem?

Let me describe it. First, it happens regardless of what computer I am on or what OS - I have four computers two on w2000 and one on XP --- plenty of ram over 1gb on most 4gb on my latest.

All the latest OS service packs are installed for each OS. It happened with 7.5 7.6 and 7.7.

Symptom: eSignal issues a crash window and give the option to "...email the crash directly report to eSignal technical support".

I choose yes, and get another message that says (more of less) that the report can not be sent and does not give a reason, and then, the program ends.

The same each time. Seems to happen at random times (general crashing) but I noticed it more when saving a layout, sending image to local file and sometimes when loading certain efs files.

I have spoken to eSignal (3 managers and on VP and about six technical help guys [not "live" (sic) chat) and NO ONE seems at all interested in this. They do not seem to want to get the crash report because maybe then they would have more work to do; at least that is the distinct impression that I have received. The most intelligent response was "... well if we do not get the crash report, we can not help you, can we?" This is not something that has happened overnight, I first experienced this in March of 2004 so we are talking about crash report crashing for going on six months.

If ANYONE has ANY idea of how to get around this, please reply as now it is really hurting me in documenting my charts, saving layouts and loading some efs files.

Thank you.

potye2,

The only time eSignal crashes on me is when I have done something stupid in an EFS. Now, I think they could safegard against this, but it doesn't really bother me since it only happens during development of a new EFS.

About the sending of the crash results. In windows XP it could be the firewall (if it is turned on), but if it is happening on W2K also, then this isn't the problem (unless you have a 3rd party firewall loaded or are using and external firewall device).

The fact that it happens on so many different computers is interesting. Have you copied the same .ach, .lay, etc files from one computer to all the others? Are you running the same EFS or advanced studies on all computers? I would guess that some problem in the setup has been distibuted to all the others...but that is only a guess given the limited information.

Maybe take one of the computers and doing a fresh install, and recreating the charts, layouts and other settings from scratch, and don't run any advanced or EFS studies on it for a while. If it doesn't crash, slowly add any add-on stuies you use (EFS and advanced studies). If it works for a while and then starts to crash after adding something - that may be indicitive of where the problem is.

Sorry I don't have any better idea's for you.

Garth
    Garth

Comment

Agree, try a fresh install. Uninstall eSignal. Delete winros.ini, winsig.ini, reader.ini from Windows root directory. Reinstall 7.7. Work up from there.

---
      Last edited by atlas; 10-11-2004, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X