Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudyTitle

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can show me how to tweak the attached efs that will follow this post so that the studytitle will show the actual value of the indicator. As shown in the image, the study title shows a value of 0.5 by default, however the value is -0.29. I really would like the actual value of -0.29 to be shown in the study title.

Cheers

Carlton
    Attached Files

Hi again,

Attached is the efs.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Carlton
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Carlton,

The 0.5 that you are seeing in the Study Title is simply a setting that has been designated in the study parameters. It is not a returned value from the EFS itself. The only way the output value can be displayed on an Advanced Chart is through the Cursor Window or if the EFS has been coded to display the value somewhere on the chart. As it stands, the output value cannot be added to the Study Title portion of the Advanced Chart.

Comment

Hi Duane,

Is it therefore possible to have the output displayed anywhere on the chart other than in the cursor window? It doesn't have to be in the Study Portion of the chart.

Let me explain what I would like to achieve.

The objective is to get a snapshot of the value of the indicator at a certain point in time and have that value fixed in the chart all through out the day.

What I have been doing is manually changing the value at say 10:30 on each chart. However, I'm looking at over 20 charts each day. To be able to fix the value at a certain time, whether that be in the cursor window or through someone helping me tweak the efs to show the value on the chart, would help me no-end.

Therefore, if you know of a way to fix the cursor window on the chart please let me know.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Duane,

Thanks for getting back to me. I think the best way to go is to simply take a snapshot of the charts at the interval I would like.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Hi Carlton,

I'm not much of an EFS type as my background is more trading and finance oriented than it is programming. Every once in a while, I get lucky and can spot a problem or two in EFS code, but as for customizing particular aspects of the code, there are people in this community who are far better. If I don't respond it is because I am leaving the door open for someone who may be able to help. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X