Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart Discrepancy

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track here but I calculated the volume for $djustk and there is a wide discrepancy between the volume that I calculated and the volume shown on the attached chart. I calculated total advancing volume as 11,433,242 and declining volume as 1,116,837 making combined volume, 10,316,405. The volume shown on chart is 5,515465. Can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong.

Cheers

Carlton
    Attached Files

Hi,

Hi guys I was just thinking how extremely important it is that I get this discrepancy cleared up as I'm sure like most of you I use volume in practically all of my indicators and if this incorrect it puts into question the way I analyze all of my indicators.

As its 2:10am here in London I won't be able to get in touch with technical support until later this morning, so if you could help in the meantime I would appreciate it.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Hi,

I think the problem lies with the stocks that are actually included in the index. I used the example below of the the dow jones trucking index $DJUSTK. I looked at Marketwatch's site to see all the stocks they have classified as being in the trucking industry and assumed they were included in their index. That may be where I made a mistake as they (marketwatch) may not include all the stocks in the industry in the trucking index.

Would any of you agree with me?

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Working...
      X