Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Monitors

Hello all,

I once asked if anyone knew if I had to purchase special software or hardware to hook up an external monitor to my laptop and I was informed that special software or hardware wasn't necessary. This proved to be correct. However, I have purchased another monitor - two in total - and I was wondering if someone could let me know how I go about connecting the third monitor to my laptop. I have purchased a vga splitter cable, which is simply a cable to allow two monitors to be hooked up to one vga output.

Basically, can someone show me how to change my settings to appear as shown in the image. At the moment, I'm only showing two displays.

Cheers

Carlton
    Attached Files

I'm not aware of any laptop that will let you hook up more than 1 extra monitor to it. If you want more you will need a PC-Card that has the capability to drive more than 1 monitor from a laptop.

A quick search on Google yielded this:

I have not heard of this company nor tried its products.

Comment

Market Profile enhancements

Hi Dion,

On a different topic, the other day you posted a list of new MP features coming in 7.9. Any plans to finally add line drawing tools to MP? At least horizontal lines with selectable colors would be a huge improvement. TIA

Comment

Hi Bob, sorry, line drawing on Market Profile charts will not be in 7.9. We'll have to guage interest and timeframe to see if we can do it for 8.0 (nothing scheduled for 8.0 just yet, will be setting that in the weeks to follow).

Comment

Thanks Dion

Carlton

Comment

Hi Carlton,

Here is a link to a pcmia card that supports an additional monitor, priced at $249, however, I have not used it or otherwise have any experience with it.

Here is the link I used to find this card

I hope these are of some help.

Comment

I never used this nor do I own a laptop but it looks interesting .

Comment

Cheers guys.

Carlton

Comment

MP enhancements

Hi Dion,
                  Sorry to hijack this thread for one more off-topic post, but if you're preparing a list for MP features in 7.9, please add a "horizontal current price level line" that spans the whole MP chart. It should be optional and have selectable line color, width and style. Any intraday trader who's seriously into MP would really find this and the other Line Tool feature I described really valuable. TIA

Comment

Cpatte,

I would highly recommend that you not go with 3 monitors on a laptop for it will just be a matter of time before you laptop cooks!

I have been down this road with both PC's and laptops. Had to make some nice additions to my PC's to have them run 6 monitors at once without compromising my PC internals.

As far as the laptops go, If you do this more than likely notice that your laptop all of a sudden feels a like an oven.

Bottom line multi-monitors fry laptops easily and I know they cost more than a desktop pc.

If you do it, be very careful!!!
                    Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Fibbgann,

Thanks for the advice. However, I was wondering, would you still say that laptops will cook even with the pcmcia cards suggested here in this thread?

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

I really don't know about that particular addition, If I get the time I will try to read up on it.
                        Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Working...
                        X