Please help me with Murrey Math lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me with Murrey Math lines

I have a question regarding the shift of MM lines after a trend.
    I downloaded to software and applied the 64 or 128 days option to have the MM lines drawn.
    Since I trade the Forex market, strong daily trends happen quite often. So what was yesterday's 8/8 line could - after a strong trend - be today's 6/8 line.
    So let us assume the instrument would have been close to the 8/8 line when I applied the software for the first time and I had put in a short trade (since 8/8 means overbought) I would have been burned today, since as I said before, yesterday's 8/8 line is today's 6/8 line.
    So how do I apply the software?
    Since these lines are never static, how can I rely on the 8/8 or 0/8 line to stay in place for a certain time into the future?
    I admit I must be a slwo thinker not to understand the proper use of MM lines, but it would only make sense to me, if you apply the software today and the lines would not shift for the next 64 or 128 days. But the lines shift every day, so what do I do?
    Maybe someone here has a far better understanding and is willing to teach me the secret of shifting MM lines.

To many "if, and, or buts" If you ask me. I studied this theory extensively before I found I was wasting my time! Some people like it and swear by it, but I am yet to find one that can give a solid and understandable explanation.

I would suggest moving on to something else. JMHO

Candlesticks?
    Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Working...
    X