Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Reversal Conversion

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is someone who is excel savvy that could convert the following excel program into an efs.

The program attempts to locate when a securities volume data has reversed from bullish to bearish and vica versa...

Volume Reversal Alerts = (If((H<Ref(H,-1)) AND (L<Ref(L,-1)) AND (V<Ref(V,-1)),-1,(If((H>Ref(H,-1)) AND (L>Ref(L,-1)) AND (V>Ref(V,-1)),1,0))))

Cheers

Carlton

the attached might be a start
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me mate.

I executed the script, however I'm getting the following error on line 60 reference error: Actions is not defined.

I know I should be more familiar with efs so I will try and work on it, however if you have any suggestios why I'm getting the error please let me know.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Actions.

I got around this bug by removing Actions from the front of the line of code.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Removing the actions as suggested worked.

However, its not a very good signal so I might scrap it.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Excel Program Explanation

Hello all,

I recently downloaded a technical analysis tool for excel. It contains over 146 technical analysis functions used with excel. The problem is I don't understand a number of them and there is no accompanying explanation. Therefore, I was wondering if someone could explain what the following excel program is trying to achieve, and how it achieves it?

Volume & Price Accumulator = ***(((CLOSE>Ref(CLOSE,-1)) AND (VOLUME>Ref(VOLUME,-1))) - ((CLOSE<Ref(CLOSE,-1)) AND (VOLUME<Ref(VOLUME,-1))))

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Working...
            X