Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• developing a automated trading system

Hello,

are some people interested to develop a trading system for automated trading?
    I would like to take two existing efs-scripts and join them. The first script is the "AutoTrade_MA.efs". This script can buy and sell automatically. The second efs-script is the superindicator, "super2.efs". This script gives the signals. A lot of people like this script. So I think we will take it. The superindicator shows only short or long entrys, but the exit is not defined. So the first step is to define the exit. Any ideas?

Alexis,
    Is the super2.efs optimized for the russell 2000 mini, or should parameters changed in this script?

more Info:
    - tradingobject: E-mini future: russell 2000 (Symbol: ab #f), 1 minute chart
    - check the efs with the Tick Replay Tool each friday evening (weekly), after that we decide how to optimize the efs
    - parameter for Tick Downloader: Symbol: ab #f; # of days: 5; File Name: week_x; Start time: 9:20; End Time: 16:05; Save Trades only is not checked

If the tick replay tool shows a few weeks profit, then we will go over to real trading. If not I hope we learned a lot about trading.

regards
    sams

sams
    As far as I can remember the efs was not optimized for any security and the studies used are simply set at their defaults
    Alex

Comment

You might try...

Using Dynaorder (www.dynaorder.com) and their PaperTrader module. Esignal also has a papertrader broker function that you can use. This will allow you to build your system and test it for a few weeks...

As far as building the automated system - of course it can be done. I've done alot of them for clients. It just takes time to get it all working properly.

B
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Hello,

here is version 1 of the automated trading system. I checked it with the Tick Replay Tool in week 19 and it makes a loss of -3600$ (1054 executions) with one russel 2000 E-mini future. So I/we have to do a lot of work to optimize it.
        If someone has any ideas, please that me know.

At line 646 in the efs you can find the buy signal:
        if (bSuper == "buying" && vEMA1 > vEMA2 && bVolume > 150) {

At line 669 you can find the exit signal:
        if (vPosition == "long" && (bSuper == "selling" || vEMA1 < vEMA2 || vC <= vStop)) {
        The short is vise versa.

regards
        Sams
        Attached Files

Comment

Tick Replay Tool result of week 19:
          Attached Files

Comment

working on a efs

SAMS, I would like to work on a system together. I have experience writing scripts in wealthlab, but I am learning esignal. I also have 2 years experience trading the Russell 2000. Contact me if you want to work together.

Comment

mahler007,

great.
              We will try to develop a trading system that makes no loss.
              Please check your private message.
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all,

I am wondering why only one person is interested to develop a profitable trading system. Maybe all the other trader has one. Maybe from the board or efs-library and I haven´t seen it.
              Please that me know if some exists?

regards
              sams

Comment

I am also interested but cannot contribute much beyond lots of business and excel experience. I am a novice trader with about 6 mos. of experience with the E-Mini

Comment

Looking at the new EFS for the futures. It actually works just as well on stocks too. It is nearing completion, but we have been running it in real time to watch it in all scenarios.
                  Attached Files
                  Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Hi Fibb Gann

Looks like your new system is coming along good. Are you going to be selling the system and will it be available soon, or are you gong to be doing something with it in your other room.
                    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by its1111
                      Hi Fibb Gann

Looks like your new system is coming along good. Are you going to be selling the system and will it be available soon, or are you gong to be doing something with it in your other room.
                      Mark
                      It should be ready to go by the latest a month from now. (maybe sooner) As far as selling it I have not come to a decision about that. Will keep you posted as we mover closer to completion.

Comment

Here is a YM chart 3 minute interval
                        Attached Files

Comment

NQ's
                          Attached Files

Comment

AB's
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the eye opening part, even works just as good on stocks.
                              We were just shooting for the futures and received a added bonus.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X