Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone been successful backtesting a system that is consistently profitable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xxjohnxx
    Does anyone know of a Bollinger band strategy using z score. That I can use to back test the E-mini Russell. I would like it to show buy and sell signals on the chart too.

Thank You In Advance
    xxjohnxx,

I thought I saw such a strategy in the TASC or Traders Magazine section of the Knowledge base.
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by sams
      Hello,

did anyone made a (back)test for trading an e-mini future when S+P and NQ and YM and Russell 2000 goes the same direction or e.g. MACD gives for all the futures a buy or sell signal?

regards sams
      sams,

Having done alot of "non-strategy" discretionary trading of the stock indices it definately will increase the probabiltiy of a successful trade if all 3 indices move in the same direction.

I've done alot of system strategy testing using these 3 symbols using sym() trying MACD and other indicators and it does seem to improve the performace although never actually found something that really does outstanding as the S&P is such a choppy market the last several years. The profitabilty of many systems seem directly proprotional to the volatility. Several years ago 20-30 S&P handles (full point moves) was a normal day's range, today that has been reduced by more then half...

If you are interested in exchanging ideas/strategies let me know as I would like to continue pursuing improving the strategies I worked on.

Glen
      Last edited by demarcog; 01-01-2007, 01:43 PM.
      Glen Demarco
      [email protected]

Comment

Isn't there some chap called Warren Edward Buffett who has got a tried and tested, plus quite profitable methodology?

Comment

Working...
        X