Rsi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rsi

I have a technical question on how the developers opted to implement RSI. It requires going beyond the basic welles wilder process for computing RSI. Where is the best place to direct this question?

Thanks.

Hello mebstyne,

If your question is related to the actual calculation of the RSI study, then this is an appropriate forum to discuss that. If your question has to do with more the coding for the RSI and related calculations, then you may want to place it in the Desktop API Development forum

Comment

RSI Computation Question...

The basic issue: RSI is based on the ratio of the average advance over average decline.

Consider the case where I am only considering 2 periods. When computing the first RSI value in a series, either the average advance or the average decline will be zero.

In this case, either the RSI is 0 (when the average advance is 0) or uncomputable (when the average decline is 0... divide by zero error).

How does eSignal handle this... when I look at RSI with 2 - cycles eSignal seems to do something to come up with reasonable values?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X