Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overlay for energy

Hi guys...

Is it possible to overlay moving average of another symbol onto your current chart

-Rupe
    Last edited by rupe; 06-23-2005, 01:45 PM.

Rupe
    Yes it is possible and the studies in the EFS2 Custom folder are already enabled to do that.
    In the image enclosed below you can see the moving average of IBM plotted on a Dow Industrials chart.
    Alex

Comment

thanks

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much. I didn't realize its part of efs2 basics.... thank You....

Comment

Rupe
        EFS2 allows you to apply any study (builtin or custom) to an external symbol and/or interval. For example in the chart below you can see that the main symbol is $INDU while the overlayed symbol is Crude with a Donchian Channel based on that symbol
        Alex

Comment

apply external symbol

hi,

Can you tell me how to apply external symbol to the following formula but i think it might have been written in older code since it was written by alex few years ago.

-rupe
          Attached Files

Comment

rupe
            You can use the MAx2.efs that is available here
            Comment out the setPriceStudy)true) statement in preMain and change the return from return new Array(getSeries(xMA1), getSeries(xMA2)); to return (getSeries(xMA1) - getSeries(xMA2));
            Alex

Comment

works fine

Hi alex...

i made the changes you suggested and it seems to work just fine...i was wondering how/where would i be able to add an alert

-rupe

Comment

rupe
                You will need to first create the variables required by the conditions that generate the alerts. For example:

var vDiff = xMA1.getValue(0) - xMA2.getValue(0);
                var vDiff_1 = xMA1.getValue(-1) - xMA2.getValue(-1);
                var vDiff_2 = xMA1.getValue(-2) - xMA2.getValue(-2);
                etc as necessary

Then you would use those variables in your conditions such as for example

if(vDiff > vDiff_1 && vDiff_1 < vDiff_2){
                Alert.playSound("ding.wav");
                }

Search through the forums and you will find many examples of EFSs that generate alerts based on all types of studies, builtin or otherwise. While the syntax will be slightly different the logic will be the same.
                Alex

Comment

thanks alex....i will work on that ...

Comment

Working...
                  X