Efs for NR4, NR7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Efs for NR4, NR7

I would like to know if anyone knows of an existing efs based on Crabels work, that would identify an Narrow Range 4 bar, a Narrow Range 7 bar, and either place an indicator above the bar and/or trigger an alert? I am pretty sure I have seen such a study, but cannot seem to locate it. Thanks

rdick
    Run a Search using narrow as the Keyword and you should find some scripts that identify narrow range days.
    Alex

Comment

I use something called 'Color Bars + NR7-WR7.efs' that I downloaded some time ago. I don't know if it does NR4s but can be easily modified.

I don't know where I got it but it was probably in file share.

Comment

Hay guys, did either of you ever find these files? If so, can you point me to them?

Also, what type of time frames/strategies/markets are you using them for, if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

Wasn't looking -- thought you had enough info to figure it out.

Anyway, I searched 'efs' and 'NR7' on Google and got this link to get you started:

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...der=&groupid=2

I don't use NR4/WR4's as that is little better than a coin toss. I am usually more interested in a market that is reflected in a NR7 on a daily chart. I haven't used weekly but I probably should as the results would probably be much stronger. Basically I am looking for market contraction, as that precedes range expansion and a more trending market. The NR7 is just one of the indicators I use for that purpose and even then not a major one. Probably the most important point is that you should be more aggressive playing the breakout following a NR7 and more aggressive fading it following a WR7.

Comment

Thanks Buhrmaster for the insight and for finding that file.

Happy Holidays.

Comment

Working...
            X