E-mini Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mini Charts

I want to exclude the night session for E-Mini S&P futures and track the contract only during NYSE hours. Anybody know how I can do that with the advanced charts?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul
    You can do that using a Time Template. For more information on Time Templates see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase and the video available at eSignal University
    Alex

Comment

Thank You Alexis

Thank You Alexis

I am going to start trading the E-Minis in a couple of weeks. Wish me luck ;-)

Thanks again,

Paul
      Last edited by striedel; 12-16-2005, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Fair Winds and Following Seas
        Alex

Comment

Alexis,

I should put 8:00 start time and 15:00 end time right? Want to make sure I get this right. I'm in the Central time zone. Dial-up is the only thing available here so I can't watch any of the tutorials unfortunately.

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

A bit of advice from someone who trades.
            You want to look at both charts, one from the over night trades and one from the day session only. There are quite a few mornings where the s&Ps will test the over night lows and highs, so you have to know where they are. Also if there is a large gap in the S&Ps, I use the overnight charts for my morning indicators because the gaps messes up your idicators. Also Woodie whom is on this board uses the CCI with floor traders pivots for large gaps, I use those when there is a gap and I use the regular floor traders pivots when there is not such a large gap or no gap.
            The regular floor traders pivots should still be looked at but the woodies floor pivots are great too, they are just figured using the opening as well.
            Today for instance the market had a huge gap and fell right to Woodies pivots as support.
            I am just trying to help so if you do something differntly I wish you the best, but I have seen the market test the overnight levels too many times to ignore them. Trading is so hard when you first start so please please please just trade with one contract if you win consistantly then add more, but if you don't win don't add more, this advice will save your bank account.
            Mark

Comment

Paul
              If you want the same hours as NYSE then you should use 8:30-15:00
              Alex

Comment

Thank You both

I will need all the help I can get ;-)

Paul

Comment

Working...
                X