X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add-on for strategy testing

Hi,

Does anyone know of an add-on program for eSignal that would allow me to:

1. Back test an entry/exit strategy on a watchlist of stocks (say, 500 stocks)?

2. Scan a watchlist of stocks and alert me when a certain entry criteria is met

(Note for 2 - I know EFS can do this for one stock at a time, but I'm looking for batch processing).

For example, for Metastock, there is a utility called "Tradesim". This allows the user to write entry and exit scripts, similar to EFS. The utility will then go through stocks and test the strategy.

Many thanks for your help,
    Alex

Solutions..

Alex,

eSignal does not have something that will do BATCH BACKTESTING or realtime BATCH SCANNING of hundreds of symbols.. I know - kind of a pain in the neck..

There is a solution though..

a. you can use my MENT MDVW application to run yrou EFS script on hundreds of charts, then report the ENTRY SETUP information to my MDVW application. It is clean and will work for you..

-- note - this will not do batch backtesting.

b. you can have a utility program created that will accomplish your goals. This is not the cheapest solution - but it will give you the most flexability and can be built to your needs.

Hope these help you to find the solution you wish.
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X