Forex Trading Strategies..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update..

Got stopped out of the Euro trade @ 1.2684. Another 50+ pips on the books. Currently flat.
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Would you please post a chart so we can see.

Thanks.

Comment

GBP Test..

I've decided to run some tests on other symbols. I've concentrated on the EUR and GBP for now. I'm pretty sure the results will be similar for other symbols, but later tests will provide proof.

Here is a 120 day test for the GBP forex chart..

http://www.tradetank.com/MENT_FOREX/GBP/GBP_A0-FX.htm

http://www.tradetank.com/MENT_FOREX/EUR/EUR_A0-FX.htm

These are tests of the last 120 days. Remember, these do not include the SPREAD ($60 per RT trade).

Remember, these tests do not include my new loss limiter mechanism. So the results might be slightly better. I've verified my systems are entering and exiting at the proper price levels, so these tests should be relatively accurate (as my systems operates at the end of bars).

I'll be posting more soon.
        Brad Matheny

Comment

Price Charts..

Buzz, when I'm ready - I'll show the price charts to people. Besides, you won't be able to see much (except green/red arrows and stop levels)..

If you want to know where my entries and exits are, then the reports I posted give you ALL OF THEM..

B
          Brad Matheny

Comment

Wow....

I guess I left this thread for a while.. Been busy..

Well, the forex systems are holding their own. August has not been a GREAT month for these systems, but considering they had 3+ months of profits before August, I still have hope for them.

I've been testing 60 minute and 90 minute intervals because I believe the longer term charts provide better trend identification and better opportunities.

The Backtest results for Aug (on the JPY) have been..

90 min charts
            AUG - 9 trades (33% accurate) = -$1180 (-118 pips)
            JUL - 8 trades (75% accurate) = $5170 (517 pips)
            JUN - 8 trades (50% accurate) = $2680 (268 pips)
            MAY - 16 trades (37.5% accurate) = $60 (6 pips)
            APR - 13 trades (38.4% accurate) = $2770 (277 pips)
            MAR - 11 trades (45.4% accurate) = $-720 (-72 pips)
            -- Remember, March was only a partial test.

The Gross returns are +$8780. If we figure out the spreads (6pips per trade) = -$3600.

So, the NET is $5180 - or about $925 per month (Average)

I'll post the 60 minute results later today. Getting lightening out here.. SHUT DOWN!!!

B
            Brad Matheny

Comment

Brad

Do you plan for it to be a maual system or automatic?

If automatic, on which broker platform?

Regards

Kobus

Comment

is here an efs to this system available

Comment

Brad

Do you plan for it to be a maual system or automatic?

If automatic, on which broker platform?

Regards

Kobus

Comment

Status..

Guys,

Currently it is an automated trading system that supports my automated execeution tool - MENT Trader Services (MTS).

I've been building MTS for a few years and currently have it in a state where it is ready for the public to see/use it. This product was built to handle the needs of some of my existing clients. They needed ways to fire/track live orders to other brokers from within esignal.

With any luck (and alot of hard work), these tools will be available for a limited number of users starting somewhere near September 10th, 2006.

I'm discussing them here to..

a. share the development process with esignal users.
                    b. provide open and honest discussion about system development
                    c. support esignal products (which I love BTW)
                    d. support my new products - when they are released.

Now, these systems are NOT PERFECT. THEY TAKE LOSSES and DRAWDOWNS. (insert normal disclaimer here - lol).

Very soon, I'll be able to share more. In the meantime, should you have any questions, let me know?
                    Brad Matheny

Comment

Reply for Kubus

Kobus,

sorry for not answering your question...

It runs with GAIN Capital right now. I'm trying to build support for other Forex brokers - but it is a lengthy process of development/testing.
                      Brad Matheny

Comment

efs development

Im trying to develop an alert based on some of the indicators esignal uses...can anyone please guide me in the right direction

Comment

Hi Brad,

I have spent a great deal of time developing strategies for FOREX and have actually had the best results with several currency crosses.

The only instruments that do better with my systems are a few selected stocks: PD, NUE, SNDK, OIH which because of the high ATR's produce profits on almost anything you throw at them.

One thing about the currencies, when they start moving they usually continue, unlike the S&P the last 5 or so years.

Just looking at a candlestick chart, when the lights turn green/red and the bars start pushing higher/lower the message is clear.

I've actually tested thousands of different indicator combinations/systems etc. and basically use the same standard set, with the standard default values, EMA moving averages, stochastics, ADXDM, MACD on all my charts in all timeframes.

Better to be very familiar with fewer indicators, then less familiar with many.

I've appreciate all the samples and assistance you and others have provided over the years. My coding ability is nowhere near what you, Alex, Jason, Chris etc can produce.

Look at some of the work that these folks have done (including yourself), as reflected in a small part by the contents of their posts, fileshares etc.

It's difficult to imagine that people with the genius to develop all these complicated indicators, and code up every concievable trading concept published, that systems weren't developed that
                          blow away anything I could write.

The goal in general for a "good system" to me is after slippage and commission cost: generate trades that are about 50% profitable with a 2:1 win to loss ratio, and graphically producing a nice equity curve in the process, which should be reflected in a very low maximum drawdown figure.

I'd like a peak at some of the systems you guys have.....
                          Glen Demarco
                          [email protected]

Comment

MENT SR FX AutoTrade BETA

OK folks, as promised, here is my autotrade code for the FX markets. Now, this is a BETA release and I'll likely continue to make changes over the next few months. USE THIS CODE AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will not fire LIVE orders, but you know the rules... If you use this to evaluate/test my systems and fire live orders from these signals - then you are fully responsible for your actions. I will not be held responsible for any claim of loss (real or otherwise) from your use of this BETA application.

Now that I've taken care of THAT part of this release, here is what you need to know.

A. This code is protected and will expire 60 days after you sign up for the BETA TRIAL (or earlier shoud I decide)
                            B. This code will allow you to run BACKTESTS (so you can see how the system would have done in the past).
                            C. This code is designed to run on 30 minute or higher charts (I've been testing on 60 and 90 minute charts). I have not tried anything higher than 90 - but the results might be good on these levels)
                            D. This code will only work on
                            - JPY A0-FX
                            - GBP A0-FX
                            - AUD A0-FX
                            E. You need MENT Trader Services for GAIN (MTS) to facilitate the automated order execution. You can signup for a GAIN DEMO account at www.gaincapital.com.
                            F. To start autotrading, just click on the "Auto-Trade OFF" button (once the efs is loaded on the chart) and it should start trading if you have MTS installed and running).

Here are the instructions for downloading/installing the BETA.

Signup for the BETA application
                            - http://www.efs-tools.com/enablement/trial.php?app=147

Download/Install MENT Trader Services for GAIN
                            - http://www.ment.com/MentTS.htm

Open a GAIN DEMO account
                            - http://www.gaincapital.com

Download/Install the MENT SR BT FX MTS BETA application
                            - http://www.tradetank.com/MENT_SR_FX_MTS.EXE

The application should install into
                            c:\program files\esignal\formulas\MENT\AutoTrade\MENT SR FX BT MTS BETA.efs

If you have any questions, reply to this post or email [email protected]

Have fun.
                            Brad Matheny

Comment

Re: MENT SR FX AutoTrade BETA

Brad,

I see that you're doing a good bit with autotrading. I seem to be having some trouble finding out if I can programmatically determine if a limit order has been filled, and when. I posted in the EFS forum but haven't heard anything yet.

If you're autotrading, how do you determine in a script if and when an order fills? I only do stocks right now.

Thanks.

Comment

It really depends on...

how you are executing the order and what utility you are using to facilitate your auto-execution.. With all the clients I've been working with, we started with Dynaorder because it offered a robust solution for automated execution (include checking limit orders fill qty/price/status/others). Dynaorder is now GONE - but I have my MENT TS product running with IB now and it also provides similar functions. So I'm able to develop automated trading solutions for my clients with MY UTILITY.

This is a big plus because.

A. some other auto-trading programs require a bunch of setup/manipulation to actually start auto-trading. MTS does not - just turn it on and start firing orders.

B. some other auto-trading programs require you to jump thru hoops to get information from the broker - with MTS you just ask it with a DLL function call.

C. I'm not restricted in WANTING something new. I just build what I/my clients want into MTS.

To answer your question you have to be using a utlity that facilitates "order polling". If not - you're screwed.
                                Brad Matheny

Comment

Working...
                                X