Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program Trading

http://www.programtrading.com/

This website was recommended in the Rally Scan esignal strategy - http://www.esignallearning.com/educa.../rallyscan.asp

Just wondered if anyone might have any experience of this company or might even have subscribed to their service.

Took a look at that site..

It looks like they are doing research for "fair value" levels for the S&P. This looks like a site that supports the development of program trading in the form of developing "key reversal" trigger levels..

There are a number of interesting sites that try to address the needs for automated/program trading. IMHO, there are many ways to skin a cat (trade). The best solutions are those that allow the user to profit while containing losses/drawdown.

Futures Magazine runs an annual review of the "Top 10 trading systems of all time" and it is interesting to review the drawdown on some of these systems. I remember reviewing one system (a MA system that purported to have the longest consistent returns of any)... but it also had HUGE DRAWDOWNS.. In some cases, these drawdowns were 60~80% of total capital.

Are you looking to develop an automated trading system or trying to find a good auto-trading solution?
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

I'm just looking to develop a trading strategy.

Clearly, any trading strategy is limited by whether one is able to backtest it or not. My understanding of EFS is limited and I think it would be a false economy to start now.

In regards to reading about trading strategies in books/magazines, I always tentatively digest the information because the information contained within never reveals the actual information you really need to know. In the meantime authors/publishers still sell lots of books/magazines, and make money that way. I'd like to really know how much they make from their actual trading strategies compared to their publications.

Comment

Well..

I wish you the best of luck and let me know if I can help..

I've been developing fully automated RT trading systems for client for over 5 years. Some that I've seen are good and others are BAD. I guess everybody has a different way to skin a cat - eh?

Magazines make money selling advertising space and subscriptions. They try to provide good information, but often times provide "filler" information.

The more I get into this type of development, the more I learn that the trigger mechanism for your entries is only half of the game. What you do after that can make or break your system.

Again, let me know if I can help.
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
        X