Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated Trading

Hi Everyone.

I came across eSignal whilst searching for some software that can do what I want it to.

I have had a bit of a search on this forum but after hours of crossed eyes haven't actually found an answer whether eSignal can actually auto trade, as in identify, place, monitor and exit a trade based on my own coded parameters?

I guess If I tell you what I am attempting to do and you can tell me if I'll have any luck before I download yet another software program & then uninstall it - LOL

OK
    I want to code in a particular system, and, when those conditions have been met the order is placed automatically, ie; so I don't have to sit in front of the machine 24/7.

The questions are:

- 1 - Is it PC or server based, ie; does my PC need to be on at all times?

- 2 - if my PC is 'down' will stop loss orders still be executed?

- 3 - Will the orders be placed in real time, ie; VirtualTrader offer auto trading but the action only takes place at the open of the next candle.

- 4 - Other than programmed events and orders being executed - can conditional orders be placed to, ie; lets say I'm waiting for a break in consolodation, if the break occurs then it buys to the upside or sells to the downside - and the appropriate stops and profit targets are also placed at teh same time.

- 5 - If I have to remain 'online' at all times how reliable is the software - another I have tried has continual drop outs so even if it comes back on line it doesn't recognise that you have an existing trade and so ignores your exits - GRRRR

I'm sure I have some other questions but I figured these are the crucial ones to start with.

I want to be able to trade both FOREX and Australian Equities/Indicies - are there any brokers that will support this 'automated trading'

Cheers
    Seth

Seth, I'll give you the benefit of what I know, but it is only worth what it costs you! I autotrade eminis using Esignal. I use Esignal and NinjaTrader. Other software is available, but this is what I am comfortable with. I really don't want to spend the time learning something new.

1. It is PC based, and your PC needs to be on at all times you are trading.
    2. Depending upon the exchanges, some orders are at the exchange, and some are on your PC. Best to think in terms of keeping your connection up and going, redundancy, and a phone available to call your broker in an emergency.
    3. Using Esignal and NinjaTrader, my trading logic is executed on a tick-by-tick basis. If I wrote my code to do something at bar close it would do it that way. If I write it do do something on a tick basis, it will do that also.
    4. Yes to all of that.
    5. I'm not sure how to answer that question. I have redundant connections available and I don't have those problems.

Regarding FOREX, I could not find a way to trade it automatically. I am familiar with TRADE ROBOT, but I had trouble with it and abandoned it.

Comment

Thanks hmm

Yep - I've pretty much given up on VT as there server responce is pretty bad, and, they can only action at bar close which doesn't suit the system I hve been working on.

I don't particularly want a 'virtual' trader that I can walk away and forget about - geez, that's take big kahoonas but with the nature of the entries I don't want to have to be sitting there all the time.

If I can get something that identifies the entry point while its running, then sen dme an SMS/Email and losdes the trade then I can monitor it from there to make sure it exits.

Have been looking into UPS & WiFi to make life a bit easier.

Cheers
      Seth

Comment

Working...
      X