Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $prem & $eprem

Hi all,

Does anyone know how the $PREM & $EPREM are calculated? Also, are there any resources (websites, books etc) on how to daytrade with them - i've searched the web but couldn't find anything thats strategy based, and i already know about the programtrading.com website.

Thanks,
    Paul

Re: Reply to post '$prem & $eprem'

Paul
    $PREM is SP my - $SPX and $EPREM is ES my -$SPX
    Alex

Comment

Hi Linus,
      I already know about programtrading.com (see my first post), and have already searched on Google. Haven't tried Yahoo yet.

thanks,
      Paul

Comment

Hi Alexis,
        If i understood your calculation correctly, i've already tried ES U3 (or ES #F) - $SPX.

This produces totally different figures from $EPREM. $EPREM must have interest / dividends calculated within it or something.

Paul

Comment

Paul
          Aside from some small differences due probably to the timing of ticks in the spread the plots seem relatively close at my end.
          Alex

Comment

AFAIK Alex is correct in his calculations.

I have traded with PREM extreme's for many years. The thing to understand is that arbitraders will not always step in at extreme's as expected. I would say that they do in better than 90% of the cases, but if the market is in crash mode, don't expect PREM to help you trade.
            Garth

Comment

Working...
            X