Multiple time frames and multiple symbols system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple time frames and multiple symbols system

I am new to eSignal and struggling with EFS coding. I would like to get some examples of systems using multiple time frames, and multiple symbols. For example simple MA crossover system in two different timeframes i.e. getting the BUY and SELL MACD crossover signals of the lower timeframe to be validated by the status of the MACD line versus the MACD signal in the higher timeframe. In the same system I would like to be able to check the MACD crossover status of another symbol in two timeframes as well.
    Thanks in advance
    (I really find this concept of support, through a forum, really good)
    Fabrice

The current version of EFS does not allow for a simple way of doing multiple time frame analysis using studies from other timeframes. We are currently working on a new version of EFS which will vastly simplify this.

This should be available in v8.0 (no date set on the release) but is currently under alpha testing by a few users.

The new EFS will allow you to use syntax similar to this:

PHP Code:
    if (ema(20inv(5)) > ema(20inv(15))) {
      .. do 
    something ...

(testing if the EMA(20) from the 5min is greater than the EMA(20) from the 15min.

In short, we will have support for this eventually, just not in the current version of eSignal.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply (I really like this tech support concept).

I have another question.
      Is it possible to share information between indicators. For example I want to display 2 indicators for argument sake, a MACD and an RSI in their own panes below the price pane. And I want to have a system which will display up and down arrows in the price pane when the MACD and/or the RSI would give me BUY and SELL signals.
      I suppose I could call the functions supporting these indicators in my system but that would be very heavy on the CPU.
      Is there another way?

Thanks
      Fabrice

Comment

Establish the objects for each study, and then use those objects' getValue functions to store the data in variables for comparison. Attached is a great example of this.
        Attached Files
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

I am new to eSignal and I am looking at this multiple time frame fuction as well for my system strategy. Any updates on this since 2002? Thanks!

Wilpin

Originally posted by DionLoy
          The current version of EFS does not allow for a simple way of doing multiple time frame analysis using studies from other timeframes. We are currently working on a new version of EFS which will vastly simplify this.

This should be available in v8.0 (no date set on the release) but is currently under alpha testing by a few users.

The new EFS will allow you to use syntax similar to this:

PHP Code:
          if (ema(20inv(5)) > ema(20inv(15))) {
            .. do 
          something ...

(testing if the EMA(20) from the 5min is greater than the EMA(20) from the 15min.

In short, we will have support for this eventually, just not in the current version of eSignal.

Comment

Working...
          X