X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullish / Bearish Sentiment

Thanks Marcus,
    Originally posted by MarcRinehart
    We may call this "1-2,1-2" pattern, which is bullish.

It sure looks bullish short term, but.........denial of any downside
    risk spells for an unexpected move coming soon, IMO?

I consider this divergence bearish...let the market be forward
    looking.....but, keep your feet on the ground! Watching for
    a reversal on the VIX soon?

30minutes into the open....keep eye on RSI and Stochastics
    bullish hammer forming?.....very early in day

~j
    Last edited by JJordan; 10-21-2003, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Hi Jeff.... forgive me if I unintentionally left the intention I was overly bullish because of that wave count chart I posted. I apologize if my post gave a bullish impression...

My only real purpose in that post was to just show a chart wave pattern labeling idea...

If I had seen this type of pattern at say the bottom of a market that had experienced a major decline, this pattern catches my eye because it would suggest to me strength is building for a bigger wave 3 to come.

I honestly wasn't trying to tie that general chart in with any particular market impression. It is only a "pattern matching" observation is all.
      Marc

Comment

• Bullish / Bearish Sentiment con't.

Originally posted by MarcRinehart
        Hi Jeff.... It is only a "pattern matching" observation is all.

Hi, I agree....I apologise for talking about the two charts as if they were one......
        I made my point because you recognised the
        chart pattern relevance. I also wanted to show the use
        of the fibonacci spiral....in the examples

What's really great is you explained the real life considerations!
        If I had seen this type of pattern at say the bottom of a market that had experienced
        a major decline, this pattern catches my eye because it would suggest to me strength
        is building for a bigger wave 3 to come.

I always get in trouble when I put wave counts on a chart because I do it my way.....
        I bend rules and look at things my way, saying
        that I'm looking for a 4w soon. A weekly snapshot shows maybe a little more?

...........news usually trumps TA I'm often told. I suppose one could think or look at it as
        the end of a 5w...but I'm a rebel and that comment likely to start
        a feud somewhere because of e-wave ignorance from me. Let me clarify myself.
        BTW, I'm not an e-waver. Obviously.

The pattern I want to consider is if we are at the w-5 on this ellipse study........
        my mistake was to carry the current SPX chart into
        the mix. But, from my view we're in the extended 3 now? (bullish veiw)
        Like you showed on the revised example count.

I don't feel very articulate today? So............don't misunderstand.

Learn more about
        WinPhi software

~j

Last edited by JJordan; 10-25-2003, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Hi Jeff.. here is a follow-up chart on that "pattern matching" comment... it shows more what I was meaning at the time.
          Take care and keep up the great work with this thread. -marc

Marc

Comment

• Hi Marc

I'm very happy that a mind like yours is using the Fisher Phi Ellipse. I tried to suggested it as an Aget Integration in a post of mine in the month of may with JayF.

Thanks for using this tool that I have experimemnted as very close to our (Mr. Tom Joseph) approach.

Maybe will be the time Marc for you to make a flight to Zug ...... and than come over to Italy to vist Us. We have the best truffles in the world in this period......

Thanks for the continuos , invaluable education that you deliver us and for the great deal of "warm dedication" you give us.

Your friend Fabrizio
            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

• BULL PARTY IS OVER BELOW 1035/1034

Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

• Channels, con't

Great charts and analysis guys! Thanks to All, Fabrizio, Linus, Marc
                I appreciate the comments and insights!

...Gold reverses.....DJ-emini futures interesting chart also this am.
                .....never a dull moment in world economics and markets. If Lucent
                can finally make a profit maybe the world is about to prosper?

more reversals........

~j

Last edited by JJordan; 10-23-2003, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabrizio Hi Marc.... I'm very happy that a mind like yours is using the Fisher Phi Ellipse. I tried to suggest it as an AGET Integration in a post of mine in the month of May with JayF....Thanks for using this tool that I have experimented as very close to our (Mr. Tom Joseph) approach.

Maybe will be the time Marc for you to make a flight to Zug ...... and than come over to Italy to visit Us. We have the best truffles in the world in this period...... Thanks for the continuous, invaluable education that you deliver us and for the great deal of "warm dedication" you give us.

Your friend Fabrizio
                  Fabrizio, nothing would make me happier to come visit you and your lovely country and to finally meet you face to face! If my wife would only get on a plane! (Can I bring one of my handsome son’s?) Karen's father's family is from Switzerland heritage and we have always wanted to visit there, then down to Italy. (I was named after a famous Italian, you know!) Of course my new Swedish friends want a visit too! Then my Irish/English/Scottish/German heritage requires a visit too! We have many friends in England, France, Germany, Belgium, and other countries in Europe!

Just send me to Brazil, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India and Asian countries during our winter months! I have even received an invitation to visit Greece and help analyze their market.

My greatest joy would be to visit all these countries, to finally meet the MANY AGET users I have worked with around the world over the years! It would be exciting to talk about our joys, share about how we learned from some of our trading failures, share little ‘secrets’ we have learned over the years using Advanced GET and now eSignal software.

But, you know-- in a sense-- I am already visiting you’ all every day… when we meet here at eSignalCentral for coffee, tea, and a chat! (I would just love to experience your cultures, meet your families, see and experience the action of trading your markets.

Isn't it an absolutely fantastic blessing to be alive today! Only in today’s world could we meet people from all around the world via the internet-- to help and support each other in our trading and technical analysis pursuits!

As we meet here daily in genuine pursuit of trading excellence and greater wisdom, I thank you all! It is because each time you contribute here we all benefit. We all have a lot to learn from each other.

PS-- Jeff, I wrote this primarily with the overseas people in mind, but I also wanted to thank you and the others here who are from different parts of the USA and Canada in pursuit of excellence. I greatly enjoy seeing your and their works here too! Keep up the great work!!!
                  Marc

Comment

• Increasing Volatility

So many tools, so many opportunities.........

I generally consider the 40ma the trend some traders think
                    of the 20ma that way. I only use 20 w/ BollingerBands.....I like the 9ma,
                    one bar better than 10<g> as an early price cross indicator.

30min market update....watch for overhead resistance at the .50/.62 fibs

~j
                    Last edited by JJordan; 10-24-2003, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Watch Your Gaps!

Different looks all say the same thing? Ignoring volatility
                      is foolish.....there is no place for complacency. Take nothing
                      for granted.

Keep your eye on that 40MA....afternoon wiggles?

~j
                      Last edited by JJordan; 10-24-2003, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• JJ

Yestardy I download from file sharing your MACD Study it work very very good.

Thank you for this and for your charts.

Good luck

Comment

• Volatility &amp; Resilience

A follow-up chart showing SNDK 60min reversals and resilience.
                          Now is a good time to use the 13min and 30min charts also.
                          Edit: Buying support coming in on 40ma 30min chart as I posted.
                          Traders must watch entries and exits when positioning...
                          then take care the position works to expectation quickly.

Hi Sergio, Good luck with your trading....that chart looks good at the 2 min setting
                          also....you get the full effect of larger MA's add a 100ma and watch the 40 ma crosses
                          and 200ma converge/divergences etc. as examples.

I'm throwing in a snapshot of the 2 minute for the
                          scalp traders out there......

Best,
                          ~j
                          Last edited by JJordan; 10-30-2003, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Looking for opportunity....

Some stocks are laggards and underperformers.....those are the ones to watch?
                            Just my opinon and trading ideas I often test.
                            The market seems edgy and cautiously bullish to me? Expecting mixed.

~j
                            Last edited by JJordan; 10-31-2003, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Credit Where Credit Is Due!

>>>Jeff, I like your merged MACDs. <<<

The credit for the 2 merged MACD studies belongs to MasOyama
                              Several people have inquired about it. I thought it was a good
                              use of MACD oscillator settings and I haven't needed to tweak yet.
                              I took his chart and changed it to my liking...didn't change much.

His name is Brian and he was kind enough to share
                              it with me......everyone should thank him.

Best trading to all......Keep it simple!

Thanks Linus.....great work! One of my SPX charts.Another weekly.
                              Last edited by JJordan; 10-31-2003, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Jeff , Linus , Marcus

Do not like to bother but it might puzzle you those...:
                                (I am into it)

Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
                                X