• Show
Clear All

• -c
    I think the hours shown in the chart are PDT
    Alex

Comment

• Alexis -

Aha! Yes, good point.

Funny I had thought that @ first but saw it went until 2pm. Didn't factor in JJ has all sessions showing...

Thanks!

-c

Comment

• With all do respect I think moving averages are a joke! This meaning they have almost nothing to do with this market! Of course some might disagree, but the true traders would agree with my opinion.

Seriously no disrespect!

This is one of the biggest jokes and myths out there!

fibbgann
        Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

• if so fibbgann what technical study in your opinion does play the major role in the market?

Comment

• Perspectives

Fibbgann,

Some would argue fundamentals have nothing to with this market?

So, I would further suggest fibonacci measurements and concepts
            of price movement relationships are a joke to?

Things only hold value when you see it.

Mathematical relationships are what they are, the weight you place on them is what your belief system is.

As a professional fulltime trader 5+yrs I see the value of
            moving averages and enjoy the simplicity.

I only need one MA to keep my perspective.

But, what good is perspective if you don't know where
            your going or, how you will get there?

Life is a joke and God laughs at us everyday playing our silly games. Some say it's how you play the game,
            not if you win or lose.

Success and poverty is all about character.

Best,

~j

Comment

• Charting

Do you know if eSignal offers indicators such as Fractals, Aligators, Ichimoku Kinku Hyo, ect. on its charting facility?

Tnanks.

Krasio

Comment

• Krasio
                Most of those are available in File Sharing. You may want to do a Search there
                Alex

Comment

• Just imagine if all persons saw the same exact thing for the same exact reasons ...... what type of market would there be then? What would that do to businesses generating their own Programs etc etc....

I enjoy this type of dialog jordan and fibbgan thx!

I do have to say that I think life is not a joke tho and is what you make of it for sure......

Comment

• Alive

Originally posted by Enlighten
                    thx!

I do have to say that I think life is not a joke tho and is what you make of it for sure......

<g>

Think of the Almighty as a comedian?

The most important thing in life is your character.
                    Use your imagination.

THX,

~j

Comment

• Fibb --

MA's work.

I particularly like how they work when 3 are averaged, as in MACD. Or, when I'm feeling more aggresive, in CCI how they show regression from the mean -- good for early entry.

Other stuff works, too... But, this is where I've gravitated.

-c

Comment

• Trend Reversal?

Watch the strength of RSI indicator....weakness under 50

It's Friday, the pattern has been continuation of the bearish trend.

If a man have a strong faith he can indulge in the luxury of skepticism.

Be wise,
                        ~j

Comment

• JJordan I totally agree with your response! There was no offense intended in my commnets, so please do not take offense to them.
                          As most know by now I'm a straight shooter. I just see to many people put to much emphasis on moving averages. I can see where it helps others. I guess I have been doing this so long I can see it without having to use the MA's.

Kind of reminds me about the Murrey math theory. It has so many contradictions. If is bounces of this line and does this, or if it does this, or.... To many ifs! I know people that use so many MA's on there charts and they try to verbally apply the same "ifs". As they are losing more than they can win.

This is just to many "ifs" for me, I like to keep my ifs to a simple few, instead of a simple few hundred. (Not refering to you!)

Great dialog here...

Sincerely,
                          Last edited by FibbGann; 05-14-2004, 08:53 AM.
                          Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

• Perspectives- Futures trading

Sideway's action always tries to put you asleep
                            before they try to whack you.<g>

Sentiment isn't so hot?

There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done,"
                            and those to whom God says, "All right then, have it your way ."

Be safe,

~j
                            Last edited by JJordan; 05-14-2004, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Seeing there is a nice, healthy discussion going on here. Keep up the good work.

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
                              Gandhi
                              Marc

Comment

• One more thing.... Typical boring Friday trading day... what trades to prepare for next?

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.” Psalms 32:8 (NIV)

Marc

Comment

Working...
                                X