• Time
  • Show
Clear All

retracements to watch

Traders pay close attention....what comes next?<g>

Comment

There Was A Nice Mob

JJ

There were 70% of chances to bounce on the mob ......at 10:00 EST when you posted.. But now will he close the W4 and then will he be ready to go down......???

Last edited by fabrizio; 07-22-2003, 09:20 AM.
      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Not big deal so far let's see how will develop.....

Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Last edited by fabrizio; 07-22-2003, 10:43 AM.
          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Jeff,

Renko just prints a box when price has moved the box size....so if you set box size to 3, then every 3-point YM move generates (prints) a box. So, if YM moves 10 points in the chart period (say 2 minutes) then 10 boxes are drawn.

Indicators are calculated using the boxes that are drawn.
            If the price moves up and down quite a bit in the 2 minute time frame, but the net movement is only 2 points, then no box is drawn.....thereby eliminating a lot of the noise that shows up on candle charts, and hence, on the indicators.

I still watch a candle chart, but take most of my signals off the renko charts. Here are this mornings trades:

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...png&groupid=48

Nice and clean signals the last couple of days. If they were all this clean I'd be riding a new ducati right now. Still, it beats anything else I've tried. Also, you may notice from my charts that I'm still pretty big on the concept of trading off divergences. They show up more cleanly on the renko charts.

Cheers.
            Last edited by whizz; 07-22-2003, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Linus

Thanks for your post. I really enjoy this exchange among all of us with no "protagonism or antagonism at all. This is the real meaning of a forum , IMHO, other than learn how to better use this Great Platform ( thanks to all the people in ESIGNAL AGET for the Help and Patience.....)

I do "play" with long term forecast: as I am used (or someone better than me is used to) We can not predict the future: we can only limit the risk and see the opportunities for the next five days.

So as a good school boy if I am on 5 I x ref to 15 , in 15 I X ref to 60, in 60 x ref to daily.........

As far as whiz and renko , honestly speaking my knowledge is not so widespread to "trade" with it as well as PF and Kagy.

I have so much to learn in my actual ventures that I have as usually to prioritize - unfortunately- Renko and the others I must put them on priority 2. Though if other fellows likes to post their point of view - even if I'm not the originator of this thread but JJ- and those posts help us to learn more and faster , I appreciate them very much .
              But please post them in a visible form.
              JJ do you agree with me?

Ciao
              Last edited by fabrizio; 07-22-2003, 11:33 PM.
              Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Ciao Linus

Thank you for this chart!

I think we should talk litlle more......it's REALLY interesting!

Thanks again for posting It.

Hope I could do the same in the next future....and tickle your interest as well....!!

Ciao Ciao

Fabrizio
                Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Price Oscillator experimentation

Great charts and discussions guys!

I'm having a few computer problems and trying to get this operating properly.
                  I can't seem to get my renko charts working?
                  Probably too much stuff on one workspace?
                  I'll be updating 7.4 gold today.

I'm sure all your efforts are appreciated by lurkers. etc.

I was playing with the Price Oscillator settings the other
                  day. Not sure about the proper use yet. maybe I can learn
                  something if I read the GET technical analysis material on
                  Elliott Ocsillators?

~j
                  Last edited by JJordan; 07-24-2003, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Breakouts &amp; Reality

We have gold breaking out as overvalued market expectations for
                    growth unrealistic in current valuations. Is gold up for demand or
                    expectation of coming inflation?.......when?<g>
                    fighting deflation now that's why no one has any cash in their pockets!

The ordinances of the Lord are
                    sure and altogether righteous.
                    They are more precious than gold,
                    than much pure gold;
                    they are sweeter than honey,
                    than honey from the comb.
                    Last edited by JJordan; 07-24-2003, 10:41 AM.

Comment

eSignal has put some fine tools together!

So many wonderful tools provided by esignal
                      makes technical analysis child's play whatever
                      your intersts!

Comment

Nice chart setting

Very good chart setting and instructions by Marcus AGET

Comment

Anyone using Renko charts may find the attached efs of some use if anything as an idea to develop further.
                          The efs plots an arrow at the price of the last trade and if the arrow is above or below the last box it plots up to three projected boxes in cyan (if above) or magenta (if below).
                          It also writes the high or low of the current projected box.
                          In the images below three situations.
                          In the first one the market is currently trading in the area of the third projected box, in the second image the market is inside the box and so no projections are plotted and in the last image market is in the area of the first down projected box.
                          The size of the projected box can be adjusted in Edit Studies to match the chart.
                          NB. The code is not the state of the art by any means so if someone wishes to modify and enhance they are welcome to do so.
                          Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Linus
                            Sorry when I fiorst posted the message I forgot to add it so I reposted the message with the efs.
                            Should be there now
                            Alex

Comment

FYI if someone wants to run the efs even with market closed it will work with Tick Replay (that is actually what I used to test it and create the images).
                              Alex

Comment

Attached is the same efs as before the only difference being that it can now project 5 boxes above and below the current one.
                                Ideally it would be nice if this were done by the Renko chart itself.
                                Alex
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X