new user question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new user question

anyone help me to understand the basics here?

can eSignal's EFS language be used as a high frequency automated trading language via API into various brokers (like Interactive Brokers) WITHOUT using any other trading software platform? i guess just using eSignal Pro as the platform?

or is EFS solely designed for backtesting?

Yes it can. I have automated systems running on esignal with my MENT Trader Services application as a bridge between EFS and IB. You can also use NinjaTrader or other bridges that are available.

The EFS language allows you to build analysis models and fire orders at will to the broker with these "bridge" applications. Depending on how complicated you want to make things, you can develop any type of system to trade with EFS and any type of complex order functions.

Currently, I have two esignal real-time account and run multiple automated trading systems on both systems. I also have two IB accounts to handle this.

The only problems I've seen with esignal are when HEAVY volume plows thru their servers. But I hope they'll have a solution to this soon.

If you would like, I can post some screen captures that show you what my robots look like and I'll offer any assistance I can offer to help you achieve your goals. I've developed HUNDEDS of automated systems for esignal clients over the years. Some work well, other's don't.
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X