Show results at bar close -- not at next bar open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show results at bar close -- not at next bar open

I have a simple system that is built using daily charts. I would like it to notify me at EoD when the bar closes (in real-time). When I run the system, however, it does not show me (for example) today's notification until tomorrow morning when the next bar starts, so I get my notifications too late. I need them at 4pm Eastern time when the markets close. How do I tell my EFS script to execute at bar close and not at next bar open?

Getting signals real-time at bar close on DAILY charts

I have a simple system that is built using daily charts. I would like it to notify me at EoD when the bar closes (in real-time). When I run the system, however, it does not show me (for example) today's notification until tomorrow morning when the next bar starts, so I get my notifications too late. I need them at 4pm Eastern time when the markets close. How do I tell my EFS script to execute at bar close and not at next bar open?

Comment

fish7
      The only way efs can determine that a bar is closed is when a new bar is opened ie at BARSTATE_NEWBAR
      To accomplish what you want you will have to write some time based routine (search the forum as I believe the topic has been discussed before).
      Alex

Originally posted by fish7 View Post

Comment

Working...
      X